Possible Future Upgrade?

I recently bought a computer that has an MSI X570 Unify board currently with a 3700x. I was basically wondering what is the best CPU that I can get in the future without having to upgrade the motherboard. I am very new to Ryzen (although happy to have it!) so I really have no idea. I've heard that you can put a lot newer cpus in AM4 boards as long as you update the bios, which I've done. Thanks!

A Ryzen 9 5950X would be the absolute top end for X570 unless amd decides to drop more AM4 processors instead of moving to AM5 first.

16 core 32 thread, ~$750 new 

i would wait until zen 3d for a upgrade, a 3700x is still really capable! but if you need a upgrade now, a budget would be nessary for us to work with. can you tell us your specs? it might not be worth it to upgrade the cpu if the rest of the system is holding it back.

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

18 minutes ago, adarw said:

i would wait until zen 3d for a upgrade, a 3700x is still really capable! but if you need a upgrade now, a budget would be nessary for us to work with. can you tell us your specs? it might not be worth it to upgrade the cpu if the rest of the system is holding it back.

Oh yeah lol the rest is definitely holding it back *cough* 1660ti *cough*

I was just curious more than anything what my future possibilities were