No post- power in, no signal, boot led on.

DejaBlue

Hi team,

I'm not usually one to ask for help online as I can't reciprocate however, my tech savvy friend are at a loss with my issue here.

I recently purchased an upgrade of cpue mobo and ram, came 2 days ago, set it up and much to my relief had it running and was unfathomably happy with the results in gaming.

I was on my pc today for work, consisting of Microsoft teams, and my monitor went black and my keyboard lost connection (no rgb) and pc was still running and would not turn off with power switch. Turned back on. Gaming later, same thing except this time we  don't even get back into bios.

I've tried reseating everything, resetting cmos, triple checking power connectors and a different monitor to no avail.

The boot LED light stays lit on the mobo, though won't go to bios even without sata or hd power connected.

I would adore some help as this has been quite the anxious experience.

Specs:

Windows 10 64.

Gtx 970

Ryzen 5600k

Asrock Phantom gaming 4 b550

16gb Crucial balistix ram 3200

Samsung ssd (OS)

WD hdd

Seasonic G-650 80Plus Gold 650W

Did you happen to update your BIOS before or after the new processor installtion?

5000 series processors need a BIOS update on most b550 motherboards to function properly.

EDIT: You could try moving your ram to the other 2 slots on your MoBo. Some reason that works for me as I have this issue where if there is a power outage while gaming my computer won't boot back on.

Sorry I probably edited my post. Refresh plz. Build Specs Below.

System

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5900x
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F
  • RAM
    32 GB (2X8) Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CAS 16
  • GPU
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3070
  • Case
    Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Storage
    Sabrent 1 TB TLC PCI 4.0 NVMe M.2
  • PSU
    NZXT C850 Gold PSU
  • Display(s)
    MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34" UWQHD
  • Cooling
    Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT 240mm
  • Operating System
    Windows 11

10 minutes ago, mr fobs said:

Did you happen to update your BIOS before or after the new processor installtion?

5000 series processors need a BIOS update on most b550 motherboards to function properly.

EDIT: You could try moving your ram to the other 2 slots on your MoBo. Some reason that works for me as I have this issue where if there is a power outage while gaming my computer won't boot back on.

Appreciate the reply Mr Fobs. I may have done an incorrect install as I literally just assembled it, seated it an turned it on. The only bios adjustments I made were attempting to turn the profile on to utilise 3200 speed on my ram. I attempted both sticks seperately in every dimm to no avail.

Are you able to get into the BIOS as of right now? If so I would Try a BIOS update. You may need to get the file from someone else's pc and put it on a flash drive, but some BISO utilities allow internet BIOS updates.

Other than that it is very possible it is relate to running your ram at 3200Mhz. I understand it should be able to, but sometimes it just don't. You can reset this setting by either A: taking the CMOS battery out and putting it back in, or B some motherboards have a CMOS reset button and some 2 pins you need to short to reset CMOS.

For example, my issue with the power going out and then my PC not booting is related to me running 3600MHz ram. If I run my ram at 3200Mhz or lower, I don't see the issue. Since I have found a work around though I don't mind the occasional fix I have to do.

System

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5900x
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F
  • RAM
  • GPU
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3070
  • Case
    Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Storage
  • PSU
    NZXT C850 Gold PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Operating System
    Windows 11

5 minutes ago, mr fobs said:

Are you able to get into the BIOS as of right now? If so I would Try a BIOS update. You may need to get the file from someone else's pc and put it on a flash drive, but some BISO utilities allow internet BIOS updates.

Other than that it is very possible it is relate to running your ram at 3200Mhz. I understand it should be able to, but sometimes it just don't. You can reset this setting by either A: taking the CMOS battery out and putting it back in, or B some motherboards have a CMOS reset button and some 2 pins you need to short to reset CMOS.

For example, my issue with the power going out and then my PC not booting is related to me running 3600MHz ram. If I run my ram at 3200Mhz or lower, I don't see the issue. Since I have found a work around though I don't mind the occasional fix I have to do.

No I don't have access to bios at all, I believe it's called no post? So unfortunately I'm not able to update or adjust speed settings. I have attempted to reset cmos both by removing battery for an extended period of time, as well as shorting the relevant pins for 5 seconds to no avail.

The strange thing for me is it was working great for a day, and ran into this hurdle abruptly on essentially an idle.

So when you turn it on, the fans spin and stay spinning? Do they start spinning, stop and start again? Do they not spin at all? It could be a display issue as well. Could try a different display on your graphics card/monitor.

System

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5900x
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F
  • RAM
  • GPU
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3070
  • Case
    Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Storage
  • PSU
    NZXT C850 Gold PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Operating System
    Windows 11

8 minutes ago, mr fobs said:

So when you turn it on, the fans spin and stay spinning? Do they start spinning, stop and start again? Do they not spin at all? It could be a display issue as well. Could try a different display on your graphics card/monitor.

Yep power seems to be fine. Fans start and stay running. I have tried multiple monitors with multiple cables as well!

Have you tired reseating your old Processor? If that works, you could update the BIOS that way.

System

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5900x
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F
  • RAM
  • GPU
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3070
  • Case
    Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Storage
  • PSU
    NZXT C850 Gold PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Operating System
    Windows 11

Unfortunately my old processor is an Intel and incompatible as an i5 4690 I think it is