Laptop suggestions under 11"

Hi! I know this is gonna be really silly but I have this small travel bag that is small, minimal, and can hold anything I need for a day trip. Basically, I love it. However I've gotten into blogging, discord, web surfing, and other less demanding tasks. I grown tired of sitting at my desk all day. So I have been looking into laptops and tablets. The bag can hold a switch or my friend's 11" Ipad for reference.

I have taken a look at the Surface Go 3 and the Samsung tablet and wanted to hear other's ideas. I know the Ipad is great but I personally would rather stick with the android or windows systems. Price at the moment is not a concern.

Thank you!

The surface go kinda sucks as a computer due to the low end hardware in it. Android tablets are just not good overall so skip those at all cost. Mainly due to the os not having gotten any tablet based size optimizations in years. It's like using a very big phone so a lot of UI elements are just not easy to use at all.

Basically just get an ipad here.

10 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Basically just get an ipad here.

I understand that the ipad is great but as I stated, I still prefer a windows or android system.. Call me stubborn😅

5 minutes ago, Raginryuu said:

I understand that the ipad is great but as I stated, I still prefer a windows or android system.. Call me stubborn😅

I mean android tablets just suck right now so that is crossed off. The surface go is a slow device so yeah not something I recommend and the normal surface pro 8 is too big for your liking.

The go III does have an option for a i3 unit but that is by far the most expensive one. The pentium ones should be avoided at all cost. The i3 10100y is well slow but does decent in burst tasks. So that could indeed possibly be the best option for you since you don't want an ipad. Keep in mind this is about 700$ for the 128gb ssd 8gb ram i3 surface go. This is the lowest end one you want to get really.

I will still recommend an ipad over all of these. I also primarily want to stay in the windows android environment but I did still end up getting an ipad because it's simply actually good. Not something I could say about my android tablets or my vaio tab 11 or the surface 5 I've used all for a long time but always ended up getting rid of them because they were a disappointment.

31 minutes ago, jaslion said:

I mean android tablets just suck right now so that is crossed off. The surface go is a slow device so yeah not something I recommend and the normal surface pro 8 is too big for your liking.

The go III does have an option for a i3 unit but that is by far the most expensive one. The pentium ones should be avoided at all cost. The i3 10100y is well slow but does decent in burst tasks. So that could indeed possibly be the best option for you since you don't want an ipad. Keep in mind this is about 700$ for the 128gb ssd 8gb ram i3 surface go. This is the lowest end one you want to get really.

I will still recommend an ipad over all of these. I also primarily want to stay in the windows android environment but I did still end up getting an ipad because it's simply actually good. Not something I could say about my android tablets or my vaio tab 11 or the surface 5 I've used all for a long time but always ended up getting rid of them because they were a disappointment.

You're not wrong but for his tasks the Surface Go will be perfectly fine.  It's not like he has a lot of options if he won't go Apple.

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

Just now, Raginryuu said:

Thank you for both your inputs. Does my options get better if I can tightly fit up to 12" instead of 11"?
@Dedayog @jaslion

Nothing changes. A normal surface will still be too big. Keep in mind you need to look at the actual device size because the surface go doesn't use a 16:9 screen. Screen size doesn't mean much when looking for a specific fit.

Surface Go's are a pretty rough experience.

Have you considered a Steamdeck or similar small form factor handheld, like a GDP Win or Pocket? They will be even smaller screens, but definitely fit, and outperform the surface by a lot.

They're more intended for handheld gaming though, if you intend to do productivity your mileage may vary. It's also hard to find them in some places.

The samsung galaxy tab series is ok, make sure to skip anything from the A line, just go for the S, otherwise you're stuck with low range phone processors running even bigger screens. They also have keyboard covers and pens, if that's a concern to you, I personally consider the S pens better than apple pencils, but most people don't care. Ipads will be faster, especially with the new chips, but for general tablet use, you won't notice the speed difference between a Tab S7 and an iPad