Unable to boot into windows

Syaoran

Hi first of, I'm currently typing this on mobile so I'll try my best to format this post

So anyways, I changed motherboards (new one is Asrock B450M steel legend), it booted into windows fine the first time but then, I did a restart.

And all I got was this:

Spoiler

20211009_230823.thumb.jpg.b90334227ab0cda0444aa9187ea22863.jpg

My previous motherboard, Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3, did the same thing but I was able to choose windows from the boot device list from the bios. It was a blacked out option with no words on it, nothing like that shows up on my new motherboard

Spoiler

Lq4MBDW.jpg

So now how do I get back into windows? Is there any sort of command I can do in command prompt with a windows install USB?

REALLY want to avoid reinstalling windows, I'll leave that as a VERY last option.

Some helpful(?) pictures:

Spoiler

20211010_195738.thumb.jpg.e7fcaf4afec72ba8fb50da47969f2474.jpg20211010_194906.thumb.jpg.afbcd4725bca58f62123765e90e07b6d.jpg20211010_005058.thumb.jpg.65b44140c3d57bf66e5cb86f59c4accf.jpg

Spoiler

Windows installed in c:

UUxxJTI.jpg

Edit: new pic

What happens if you manually boot to the SSD? Does your BIOS recognize your SSD/drive?

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

2 minutes ago, rickeo said:

Does your boot drive show up in the BIOS? System specs?

It should be on my SSD but it came up as a separate option in my old motherboard 

Specs in my bio, besides the Gigabyte motherboard

1 minute ago, Syaoran said:

It should be on my SSD but it came up as a separate option in my old motherboard 

Specs in my bio, besides the Gigabyte motherboard

I think you still need to answer if the boot drive shows up in the BIOS.

2 minutes ago, RockSolid1106 said:

What happens if you manually boot to the SSD? Does your BIOS recognize your SSD/drive?

Nope, I get the "reboot and select proper boot device" for both ssd and hard drive

2 minutes ago, rickeo said:

I think you still need to answer if the boot drive shows up in the BIOS.

No lol

Just now, Syaoran said:

No lol

Well, can you move the drive to a different slot/port? Does it work/show up in another PC?

On 10/10/2021 at 9:26 PM, rickeo said:

Well, can you move the drive to a different slot/port? Does it work/show up in another PC?

Yup tried other ports and nothing

I put the ssd back in the old motherboard and I'm currently in windows

In the old motherboard this is how I get into windows (pic below), I click where the red highlighted option is, above Samsung SSD. The question is how do I get that to show up in the new motherboard

Spoiler

20211014_213420.thumb.jpg.e0a77a1680c90cc500ffae5508dadc83.jpg

Update: I updated the bios on the Asrock motherboard, and then windows loaded up

BUT when I did a restart.... same problem as before, it doesn't go back into windows lol