Need your opinion with these apps?

kitnoman
Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,
8 hours ago, kitnoman said:

I have iobit driverbooster

Unistall that now, will be best decision you have done this year. That software is pure crap. It will bring up drivers that are "dangerously old" and when you look at what the drivers are, and when they were launched, you will notice it picks up Windows PnP drivers that were made when OS was launched and not touched since.

Drivers don't have due date like some other software. They work unless something else breaks them. You don't actually need to install new drivers at all. Not if they are already working. New versions are usually just tweaks for performance, maybe new features, and with GPU drivers, optimization for newest games. For example, I don't play newest games. I have gone year without GPU update, and only update mouse drivers every 3 months.

So over the years, I've accumulated app that I would like to try, think is useful, and/or I actually use, and I'm the processed of removing some of them now. I have iobit driverbooster and revo uninstaller, which I use more than the manual way of updating drivers or the built in uninstaller, so I'll keep them. But I also have applications like Ashampoo winoptimizer and a few registry clearers. Are these "optimizers" really useful?

Second, I only have corsair and silicon power m.2 nvme ssds. I haven't notice them, but now that I'm checking it, why is the driver installed with the silicon power Ud70 2tb is for patriot and what are these other app that came with it? I know that these came with the silicon power because they were installed the same day I installed the ssd and the drivers. I also don't see any app for silicon power and I don't have a patriot component in my system.

image.thumb.png.987924251cf8201a249d778aec1382b9.png

I've also notice that corsair icue is almost 2.5gb now. In my opinion, for an app that controls my mouse settings and some lights, that's just too big. 

13 minutes ago, kitnoman said:

But I also have applications like Ashampoo winoptimizer and a few registry clearers. Are these "optimizers" really useful?

I'd suggest not to use such "optimizers". They usually do more harm than good. Registry cleaners aren't necessary and do have a possibility of messing it up and creating further problems.

Just restart your PC every few days, and you'll not need any of such optimizers. Don't keep it running for months without shutting it down.

As for driver installers, I'd just go to the manufacturers website, download the exe and install. Easy. I would never trust such driver helpers or whatever.

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

8 hours ago, kitnoman said:

I have iobit driverbooster

Unistall that now, will be best decision you have done this year. That software is pure crap. It will bring up drivers that are "dangerously old" and when you look at what the drivers are, and when they were launched, you will notice it picks up Windows PnP drivers that were made when OS was launched and not touched since.

Drivers don't have due date like some other software. They work unless something else breaks them. You don't actually need to install new drivers at all. Not if they are already working. New versions are usually just tweaks for performance, maybe new features, and with GPU drivers, optimization for newest games. For example, I don't play newest games. I have gone year without GPU update, and only update mouse drivers every 3 months.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Thanks