asus rog strix B550-F black screen

icee112

so i have a Asus rog strix B550-F motorboard 

AMD ryzen 7 5800X 

3200mhz ddr4 g.skill tridents 2x 8gb 

850Watt psu from corsair 

samsung m.2ssd 970 evo 500gb

MSI RTX 2060 super 6gb GPU

( i have moree ssds and hdds to go with but added later )

also im running the Wrath cooler from AMD atm for CPU cooling fan 

Idk what happened but
I was in the middle of driver installation on my computer, it froze, so I hit reset, now when I turn it on, all the fans including the gpu (which stays off unless needed) are at 100%, and I only get a black screen

also my Drim light is on the motorboard 

please help thank you.

Edited by icee112

4 minutes ago, icee112 said:

so i have a Asus rog strix B550-F motorboard 

AMD ryzen 7 5800X 

3200mhz ddr4 g.skill tridents 2x 8gb 

850Watt psu from corsair 

samsung m.2ssd 970 evo 500gb

MSI RTX 2060 super 6gb GPU

( i have moree ssds and hdds to go with but added later )

also im running the Wrath cooler from AMD atm for CPU cooling fan 

Idk what happened but
I was in the middle of driver installation on my computer, it froze, so I hit reset, now when I turn it on, all the fans including the gpu (which stays off unless needed) are at 100%, and I only get a black screen

also my Drim light is on the motorboard 

please help thank you.

If DRAM lights are on on the motherboard, remove your RAM and put in 1 stick only. If it works, turn it off and plug in the second one. If it doesn't work after the second, a BIOS reset was done by changing capacity. If it doesn't work, one of your sticks could be faulty.

Nope, Tried
And when I only have 1 ram in and try
NEW The cpu light above that flashes every cpl seconds
Until a put a 2nd ram in, it goes away

2 minutes ago, icee112 said:

Nope, Tried
And when I only have 1 ram in and try
NEW The cpu light above that flashes every cpl seconds
Until a put a 2nd ram in, it goes away

Are the RAM sticks in the 2nd & 4th slots away from the CPU socket?

Has the CPU cooler been overtightened?

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

i tried using the ram in slot 2 and 4 away from the cpu 

and my wrath cooler makes a click when its secured 

still not working

Keep on getting the same result, dram light flashing, no display all fans at100%

also 

No USB port power

On 10/7/2021 at 10:40 AM, icee112 said:

Keep on getting the same result, dram light flashing, no display all fans at100%

also 

No USB port power

The 100% could be concerning, but being it isn't POSTing I'm going to say that is normal as system isn't loading your fan setup yet.

Just to be sure, you did check the manual and verify to put 1 RAM stick in the correct DIMM slot? I have the same board, it should be DIMM_B2.
Make sure to try at least two different DIMMs in this slot. If that doesn't work try a CMOS reset just in case, at least 30 seconds, heck I even hold down the power button with the PSU cable off just to be sure everything drains

If that fails, I would reseat the CPU carefully

If still nothing take out your drive, all chassis fans but 1, and remove your graphics card and anything else except your CPU and one DIMM. It might seem like overkill but it sounds to me like your GPU driver failed and we want to eliminate any possible hardware failures that may have happened too. As if ANY part is shorting it could show this POST error too (DIMM error is near the start of POST, so any shorts could halt here). 
While we are running out of options, use a separate system if you have it, get the newest non-beta bios and download to a USB and use BIOS flashback to see if that gets us out of this funk.
Let us know how this goes

4 hours ago, Frizz said:

The 100% could be concerning, but being it isn't POSTing I'm going to say that is normal as system isn't loading your fan setup yet.

Just to be sure, you did check the manual and verify to put 1 RAM stick in the correct DIMM slot? I have the same board, it should be DIMM_B2.
Make sure to try at least two different DIMMs in this slot. If that doesn't work try a CMOS reset just in case, at least 30 seconds, heck I even hold down the power button with the PSU cable off just to be sure everything drains

If that fails, I would reseat the CPU carefully

If still nothing take out your drive, all chassis fans but 1, and remove your graphics card and anything else except your CPU and one DIMM. It might seem like overkill but it sounds to me like your GPU driver failed and we want to eliminate any possible hardware failures that may have happened too. As if ANY part is shorting it could show this POST error too (DIMM error is near the start of POST, so any shorts could halt here). 
While we are running out of options, use a separate system if you have it, get the newest non-beta bios and download to a USB and use BIOS flashback to see if that gets us out of this funk.
Let us know how this goes

so i forgot to do a bios flashback on the mothorboard... so now i got the pc to post. now the next issue im running into is after installing windows 10 i finally got the wifi to connect and now im having Clock Watchdog Timeout. 

UPDATE: everything is working fine now thank you everyone for your help

On 10/8/2021 at 7:31 PM, icee112 said:

UPDATE: everything is working fine now thank you everyone for your help

Mind mentioning what fixed that last issue? Only ask because it may be related to all of it 🙂