Team viewer

Looking at a build log of Whaler and saw a massive kvm switch. Here is a program that will allow you to control all of your foldong rigs from your main computer. Its free for personal use and is pretty easy to set up.

http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Nice find! I've never used Teamviewer, but it seems like a useful program.

[spoiler=My Current PC]AMD FX-8320 @ 4.2 Ghz | Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk II | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | 8GB Adata XPG V2 Silver 1600 Mhz RAM | Gigabyte 3X Windforce GTX 770 4GB @ 1.27 Ghz/7.25 Ghz | Rosewill Hive 550W Bronze PSU | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Samsung Evo 250 GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | ASUS VS239H-P | Razer Deathadder 2013 Partlist

LTT Build-Off Thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35226-the-ltt-build-off-thread-no-building-required/

Teamviewer is awesome, easy to set up and use, never really had an issue with it. I use it for managing my server. There also is an iOS and Android app witch I use on a frequently.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

What's wrong with the Build in RDP ?

"There's no test like production!"

I agree. the built in RDP would probably be the better option as it can run on the LAN and doesn't have to connect threw the internet.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I agree. the built in RDP would probably be the better option as it can run on the LAN and doesn't have to connect threw the internet.

+1

"There's no test like production!"

First off - new version of FAH is NOT compatible with remote access software - an especially not RDP. I have already corrupted my system twice using RDC into the FAH rig. AS for teamviewer, or VNC, not sure... May work, may not on some setups...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

First off - new version of FAH is NOT compatible with remote access software - an especially not RDP.

I was able to get teamveiwer to work but not RDP. Could try it out on one of your machines.

Teamviewer is more intuitive and i could argue, more secure.

If it is a folding machine, it will be connected to the internet anyway, hopefully, through maybe a hack, there is a way of doing it over network.

I just joined the forum today but I can say that I've been using team viewer for the last couple weeks since I setup my old PC to fold

I have an mining rig mining at a frineds house and I only use teamviewer to manage it, it only has an power and lan cabel connected. The program is very stable in my opinion, and it doensn't slows down the mining (or folding in your situation). I also like the way to use the computer when you only have an phone to access it, altough it is hard to click because you don't have a mouse pointer (have it enabled, but isn't visible)

MSI GT70-One-899NL | i7-3630QM | Nvidia GTX675MX | 12GB 1600mhz ddr3 | 128gb mSata ssd | 1TB hdd | 17.3 Full HD non-glare | Killer E2200 

Teamviewer is more intuitive and i could argue, more secure.

If it is a folding machine, it will be connected to the internet anyway, hopefully, through maybe a hack, there is a way of doing it over network.

If you use the built in RDP, it goes threw the local network, so it won't use your Internet bandwidth, and it will be abit more responsive (I'm assuming because LANs are usually faster)

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

1 - Do NOT make any of your folding machines available via the Internet. Just saying, leaves your system a lot more vulnerable. And yes, it's very easy to do this no matter what method you use.

2 - Don't use RDP for remote access, period. It can and will mess up FAH itself and WU's on occasion. If you need remote software to access a box hidden away in your house, use VNC or teamviewer. Both sound like they work ok with FAH.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

If you use the built in RDP, it goes threw the local network, so it won't use your Internet bandwidth, and it will be abit more responsive (I'm assuming because LANs are usually faster)

thats true, but what i was saying is maybe there's a hack for teamviewer to make it run on network..

thats true, but what i was saying is maybe there's a hack for teamviewer to make it run on network..

Or just use linux and ssh into it.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

teamviewer has the option to run over lan. It is in general settings.

Sweet, been using teamviewer for a long time, nice to know about that, as for folding, it works just fine, haven't run into any problems with it so far, but also i did not try the windows one so...

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

Oh, so it does, i need to mess around with it more.