Windows 11 Upgrade?

Josue Hernandez

my question here is if i should wait until microsoft rolls out a windows 11 update for my pc or should i install it through the windows 11 install assistant?

if i can or i should not could you explain why?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by LogicalDrm
Attachement removed

It won't automatically switch from W10 to W11. If you want W11 you need to manually switch over.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

btw no one is gonna click that file

Anyway, I would not recommend updating to windows 11 now. It works perfectly on my laptop, but on my pc it is buggy as hell. Both have a ryzen cpu, 4th gen and 2nd gen respectively. 

3 minutes ago, Josue Hernandez said:

my question here is if i should wait until Microsoft rolls out a windows 11 update for my pc or should i install it through the windows 11 install assistant?

Thanks in advance!

I don't think you will hit any issues on either route... Prerelease versions are generally very stable (I'm posting this on a prerelease build on my main PC right now...). It's when you are considering Dev or earlier Beta builds that I would be hesitant. Since the Prerelease builds are available now, that isn't really an issue though. Its really just a matter of when you want Windows 10. 

As someone who's been through many major Windows releases, i'm waiting to put it on my primary machine. 

I've been using its pre-release builds for a few months now on my laptop, however, and its been fine. 

No real rush. 

14 minutes ago, Josue Hernandez said:

my question here is if i should wait until Microsoft rolls out a windows 11 update for my pc or should i install it through the windows 11 install assistant?

Thanks in advance!

Id say just wait awhile for bugs to be ironed out, better than having all your files deleted (looking at you w10 update that erases all files)

• Merged
  • Moved to Windows
  • Attachment removed

Please don't post any .zip, .exe or other files that may carry unknown code. If you want to ask about software, link to reputable download site for the software.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 10/6/2021 at 10:18 AM, Josue Hernandez said:

my question here is if i should wait until microsoft rolls out a windows 11 update for my pc or should i install it through the windows 11 install assistant?

Thanks in advance!

i upgraded, and i regret it :(

windows 11 is significantly less stable than windows 10 on my desktop. i decided to revert back to windows 10 after a day of test-driving windows 11, but i'm going to put a little more effort into diagnosing & resolving my issue first.

this is my first time upgrading windows on release, and now i know why everyone says to wait!

41 minutes ago, howdyemi said:

i upgraded, and i regret it 😞

windows 11 is significantly less stable than windows 10 on my desktop. i decided to revert back to windows 10 after a day of test-driving windows 11, but i'm going to put a little more effort into diagnosing & resolving my issue first.

this is my first time upgrading windows on release, and now i know why everyone says to wait!

I have found no matter which version, upgrading windows to the next major version on an existing install can lead to weird issues. Any time I have changed major versions I back everything up and then do a clean install and put stuff back. 

This helps in a few ways. Prevent issues during upgrade process, gives a fresh start and cleaner os, and then while installing stuff back over time I can find stuff that had compatibility issues. 

14 minutes ago, m9x3mos said:

I have found no matter which version, upgrading windows to the next major version on an existing install can lead to weird issues. Any time I have changed major versions I back everything up and then do a clean install and put stuff back. 

This helps in a few ways. Prevent issues during upgrade process, gives a fresh start and cleaner os, and then while installing stuff back over time I can find stuff that had compatibility issues. 

yeah, i formatted and did a clean install this time. i should have been more careful with my language!