Is it worth upgrading from MSI X470 to a X570 when running a 5600X?

SRRAE

I currently have a MSI x470 Gaming Carbon Pro and using the beta firmware to run a Ryzen 5600X.

Other general specs are
RX6800XT
Corsair 850W Power
2 Samsung SSD

1 WD NVMe SATA

My question is, is it worth updating the motherboard?  Would I get any benefits?  Is it a good idea to just get away from relying on a Beta Firmware, which will probably never be updated again.

If upgrading it is beneficial, what do you suggest?  X570 or a B series?  I could probably spend about £200 ($250).

Not really. Stick with what you have. Just ensure you're on the latest BIOS that supports 5000 series.

5 minutes ago, SRRAE said:

I currently have a MSI x470 Gaming Carbon Pro and using the beta firmware to run a Ryzen 5600X.

Other general specs are
RX6800XT
Corsair 850W Power
2 Samsung SSD

1 WD NVMe SATA

My question is, is it worth updating the motherboard?  Would I get any benefits?  Is it a good idea to just get away from relying on a Beta Firmware, which will probably never be updated again.

If upgrading it is beneficial, what do you suggest?  X570 or a B series?  I could probably spend about £200 ($250).

No point here really.

If you REALLY want to just get a decent b550 boar a msi b550 pro A is really all you need;

The RX6800 XT is a PCIe Gen 4 card, and the X470 only does PCIe Gen 3, but the RX6800 XT is not fast enough to benefit from PCIe Gen 4 anyway, you won't see a difference. Does your X470 support rBAR/SAM? If it doesn't, then you're leaving some performance on the table.

If you're going to upgrade, I'd recommend going with a decent B550, the X570 is really only useful if you plan on going for a multi-GPU setup, or multiple high speed NVMe SSDs

2 minutes ago, Alvin853 said:

The RX6800 XT is a PCIe Gen 4 card, and the X470 only does PCIe Gen 3, but the RX6800 XT is not fast enough to benefit from PCIe Gen 4 anyway, you won't see a difference. Does your X470 support rBAR/SAM? If it doesn't, then you're leaving some performance on the table.

If you're going to upgrade, I'd recommend going with a decent B550, the X570 is really only useful if you plan on going for a multi-GPU setup, or multiple high speed NVMe SSDs

Yes it does support SAM.  I'm not sure if its implementation on older chipsets gives the same boost as the 570/550 boards. It is enabled otherwise

Not to hijack the post, but same boat here. I expect new chipsets coming our way in the near future, but the gigabyte aorus ultra gaming x470 I have has been a constant PITA and im pretty sure the main bios is toast and its now always having to boot to the backup (i have to double reset to get post).... so right now Im looking at grabbing an MSI Mag Tomahawk x570 to replace it (and upgrade from my  2700x to a 3800x that was given to me for straightening the pins back)

Should i limp on this crappy x470 board some more and wait for the next lineup of AMD boards or just get the x570 and not worry about it for a while.

1 hour ago, ThisIsDonut said:

Not to hijack the post, but same boat here. I expect new chipsets coming our way in the near future, but the gigabyte aorus ultra gaming x470 I have has been a constant PITA and im pretty sure the main bios is toast and its now always having to boot to the backup (i have to double reset to get post).... so right now Im looking at grabbing an MSI Mag Tomahawk x570 to replace it (and upgrade from my  2700x to a 3800x that was given to me for straightening the pins back)

Should i limp on this crappy x470 board some more and wait for the next lineup of AMD boards or just get the x570 and not worry about it for a while.

If you're having problems I'd start by flashing your bios with the latest version and remove any overclocks on you may have.

On 10/5/2021 at 11:46 AM, SRRAE said:

If you're having problems I'd start by flashing your bios with the latest version and remove any overclocks on you may have.

Ive done that, I stay up to date pretty frequently on the mobo in hopes that some of the weirdness clears up but I went ahead and purchased a new MSI x570 Tomahawk and upgraded to the 3800x.  Boots and posts everytime, done with gigabyte boards for a while I think.
Thanks for your help, good luck to OP.