ROG 3070 framerate/performance issues

hello i was wondering if anyone here would be so kind as to help me. I recently upgraded my gpu from a Gigabyte Geforce 1660 OC to a ROG Strix 3070 OC. After trouble shooting issues with driver install and retainment of said drivers my 3070 still isnt working properly. while i fixed my drivers still being installed when i reboot. the performance is subpar compared to my 1660. i ran the gpu in furmark and scored 405 points (7 FPS) at 1920 x 1080. i ran another test at a different resolution and scored 132 points (2 FPS) at 3840 x 2160. my pc specs are:

cpu: ryzen 9 3900

motherboard: msi b450 pro carbon gaming ac

psu: corsair rm650x

ram:2x8 trident z 3200mhz 

cooler: nzxt kraken z63

gpu: rog strix 3070 oc

pc case: thermaltake core p3 ATX

memory: wd blue 500gb ssd

memory: samsung 860 evo 1tb ssd Sata

Have you tried using DDU to completely wipe the old drivers then restarting and installing the new drivers?

if that doesn’t work I would try resetting the mobo CMOS and reconfiguring your bios settings 

Hey,

While theoretically a 650 watt power supply is alright, you might need to try running on a higher wattage maybe. If you can borrow or even buy a 850 watt PSU then everything should be in ideal. If you overclocked your PC then this could be the culprit as well. Wrongfully assigned settings inside the BIOS could impact performance for your hardware components. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2021 at 2:48 PM, Derpreal said:

hello i was wondering if anyone here would be so kind as to help me. I recently upgraded my gpu from a Gigabyte Geforce 1660 OC to a ROG Strix 3070 OC. After trouble shooting issues with driver install and retainment of said drivers my 3070 still isnt working properly. while i fixed my drivers still being installed when i reboot. the performance is subpar compared to my 1660. i ran the gpu in furmark and scored 405 points (7 FPS) at 1920 x 1080. i ran another test at a different resolution and scored 132 points (2 FPS) at 3840 x 2160. my pc specs are:

cpu: ryzen 9 3900

motherboard: msi b450 pro carbon gaming ac

psu: corsair rm650x

ram:2x8 trident z 3200mhz 

cooler: nzxt kraken z63

gpu: rog strix 3070 oc

pc case: thermaltake core p3 ATX

memory: wd blue 500gb ssd

memory: samsung 860 evo 1tb ssd Sata

Thank you for your time, I have resolved the problem. It turns out my vertical mounted riser was the issue, after seeing my riser only supports pcie 3.0 so the memory transfer was really slacking. There was also a setting in my bios I could not find for it to optimize properly to 3.0. If you’re reading this and have the same issue check to see if your riser upgrade is upgraded to pcie 4.0 with 3000 series GPU’s. I went with LINKUP’s pcie 4.0 riser and the issue was resolved. There is also the option to use the slot without a riser but in my instance there was no room. Thank you for your time, have a good one.