R3 4300GE or i3 10105F with gt1030 for light gaming

EL02

Both systems have 2x4gb 2666mhz ram.

Which one is the better choice for light gaming and general day to day work?

Not sure if you have the option but personally i'd just use the iGPU in the 4300GE until I could get a slightly more performant card like a 1050ti, you'd get a much better experience with that. 
If you already have a 1030 and want to use it the 10105F looks like a great choice.

5 minutes ago, Hewie said:

Not sure if you have the option but personally i'd just use the iGPU in the 4300GE until I could get a slightly more performant card like a 1050ti, you'd get a much better experience with that. 
If you already have a 1030 and want to use it the 10105F looks like a great choice.

I didn't manage to convince my friend to built the pc himself and he decided to buy a prebuilt. Both systems are identical except for cpu and gpu.

Ah slightly misread there
Both systems seem very similar tbh and i doubt there would be much of a difference between the 2. if the plan is to get rid of one then keep the amd system as it has a better upgrade path.

55 minutes ago, Hewie said:

Ah slightly misread there
Both systems seem very similar tbh and i doubt there would be much of a difference between the 2. if the plan is to get rid of one then keep the amd system as it has a better upgrade path.

Ah I see. I thought that the i3 pc would perform better because it won't use ram as vram and I would prefer at least 3000mhz ram for ryzen.

5 hours ago, EL02 said:

Ah I see. I thought that the i3 pc would perform better because it won't use ram as vram and I would prefer at least 3000mhz ram for ryzen.

In the short run, the i3 PC will perform better. In the long run, the Ryzen system has more potential.

The i3 is likely using a B460 or H410 board, meaning it will be forever limited to 2666 RAM with an i3 or i5.

The Ryzen system would offer a stronger upgrade path for every component without having to change out the motherboard.

If you think your friend will never upgrade, go with the i3 system. Like you said, with that RAM, the iGPU on the Ryzen system will be limited.