Sound not working in Chrome (new PC build)

Just built my first PC and all seems to be working apart from the sound when in Chrome. I've double checked that I've updated all the drivers and I've tried restarting multiple times. I've also cleared Chrome cache and a few other things but I always get the same results. After turning on YouTube or Spotify will play the first thing I tell it to, but then if I load another video or song it is silent. The little audio symbol will still appear in the tab as if it is playing sound and it isn't muted. I have no idea what is causing it and the sound works perfectly on Microsoft Edge so I'm fairly sure it's Chrome although I've fiddled around with the sound settings and volume mixer as well and nothing seems to work. I'm pretty new to all of this so any sort of help would be awesome. Thanks. 

Specs:

Ryzen 5 5600X, NVIDIA Geforce RTX 3060Ti, Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVME SSD, 16GB RAM, MSi MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi motherboard, Corsair 750W power supply

check your sound control panel in windows to see what output it's using, if you dont see anything outputting, check windows volume mixer. If you're not using your monitors for audio output, try disabling them.

What are you using for your audio output? 

40 minutes ago, Hewie said:

What are you using for your audio output?

I'm using headphones, and like I say they work fine for the first video and normally for Edge. Control panel says I'm using realtek audio and it is outputting normally on everything other than Chrome. 

When I look at volume mixer it shows Chrome normally for the first video and the green bar moves when the sound is working. But as soon as it stops after the first thing it no longer shows.

Ah missed the part where you said edge works.
It might be worth reinstalling chrome to see if that fixes the issue.