Ubuntu Linux and Streaming servcies

Its been a while since I used Linux as a full desktop OS, last time was in 2019, and I had issues using many streaming services. Have things gotten better? If so, I remember there were restrictions on some streaming services for the resolution and such, is that still a thing? 

For the record Im currently using Ubuntu 18.04 LTS if that matters. 

Streaming services I use

1. Disney +
  2. Netflix
  3. Hulu
  4. HBO Max
  5. Paramount +
  6. Prime Video 
  7. Apple TV (potentially) 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

Its been a while since I used Linux as a full desktop OS, last time was in 2019, and I had issues using many streaming services. Have things gotten better? If so, I remember there were restrictions on some streaming services for the resolution and such, is that still a thing? 

For the record Im currently using Ubuntu 18.04 LTS if that matters. 

Streaming services I use

1. Disney +
  2. Netflix
  3. Hulu
  4. HBO Max
  5. Paramount +
  6. Prime Video 
  7. Apple TV (potentially) 

Haven't tried Paramount, HBO Max or Apple TV but the rest have always worked fine in my experience, just make sure to check the box for propriestary codes and software on the installer.

That said, some services do limit the quality a bit, but in all honesty if you cared for quality you should be using local media.

3 minutes ago, 10leej said:

if you cared for quality you should be using local media.

Im too lazy to rip my DVD's to be honest. I dont have a Bluray drive for my PC, so I cant rip the few Blurays I have. 1080P streaming quality isn't bad. It just if I end up ever upgrading to a 4K TV I would prefer at least to be able to stream at 1080P vs a lower resolution. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Netflix still won't do above 720P content on Linux (https://help.netflix.com/en/node/23742).  Not sure about the others because I don't use them.

Also, if you watch HDR content it won't display in HDR on Linux (since Linux doesn't do HDR... yet...).

If I have to explain every detail, I won't talk to you.  If you answer a question with what can be found through 10 seconds of googling, you've contributed nothing, as I assure you I've already considered it.

What a world we would be living in if I had to post several paragraphs every time I ask a question.