Silverstone viva 550 vs cooler master MWE v2 550w 230v

Orian Pax
Go to solution Solved by Dogzilla07,

If he doesn't have  drastically reduced voltage after people in his neighborhood come from work, brownouts, and/or bad power grid, he'll be fine. In the case it does happen Gospower did all the protection properly, I doubt anything will die other than the PSU, after a number of shutdowns, and he can just RMA it then.

If he does know he has a bad power grid, better just replace where bought, or sell and buy an XPG Pylon.

47 minutes ago, Orian Pax said:

Which of thse two psus is good.

The latter is better, but it is only for 230V. If the AC voltage drops, the PSU may turn off or die.

47 minutes ago, Orian Pax said:

Is 550w enough for this setup?

Yes. it's overkill😄

14 hours ago, Orian Pax said:

My set up is

Gigabyte 2060 gpu

Amd 5600x

Three hdd 500gb,1tb and 2tb

Cpu case - silverstone fara r1 (3-4 fans)

Ram - 16gb

Is 550w enough for this setup?

XPG Pylon might be better.

19 hours ago, IIIIIIIIII said:

XPG Pylon might be better.

1) i have never heard of that brand when it comes to psus other than on rams. now i have heard it i would prioritize over the mwe v2 230v
2)

3) unfortunately friend now already have ordered mwe v2 230V and it's not from amazon so he cant cancel.
what should i do now?😭

If he doesn't have  drastically reduced voltage after people in his neighborhood come from work, brownouts, and/or bad power grid, he'll be fine. In the case it does happen Gospower did all the protection properly, I doubt anything will die other than the PSU, after a number of shutdowns, and he can just RMA it then.

If he does know he has a bad power grid, better just replace where bought, or sell and buy an XPG Pylon.

17 minutes ago, Dogzilla07 said:

that's really vimp info. thank you. what's "gospower" yeah i would take psu's death over other parts.

Np, Gospower is the factory/company that makes the MWE V2 psu's in collaboration with Cooler Master.

Just now, Dogzilla07 said:

Np, Gospower is the factory/company that makes the MWE V2 psu's in collaboration with Cooler Master.

okay got it. i want to ask where do you get such. such in depth info like okay the had done good of protections and all darm it's blackout here

16 minutes ago, Dogzilla07 said:

okay got it. i want to ask where do you get such.... such in depth info like okay the psu company had done good of protections and all.
(electricity is back), what parts were used in it. i am noob but i like to read plz. if you could share your source of such info it would be lot helpful and i can avoid such mistakes in future.

2 hours ago, Orian Pax said:

such in depth info like okay the psu company had done good of protections and all.
(electricity is back), what parts were used in it. i am noob but i like to read plz

Aris reviews (Hardware Busters International on youtube, tomshardware,techpowerup), a few other reviews form cross-comparison from here, and discussions on this and few forums, but mostly Aris reviews.

Best bet is to figure out which reviewers are good (like Aris for instance is the highest quality PSU reviewer on internet atm), start on the PSU Tier list here on the forum, check the spreadsheet for additional review sources, check his youtube, search the forums here a bit, look at the discussions that pop up, and that's about it.

And then if u have more time/motivation either participate in discussions, or if not, again just ask for help, opinions like for you did now.