Games Change Monitor to Unsupported Resolution

akosin

Hey guys,
Anytime I launch a game (happens across multiple) the game thinks my monitor's resolution is 4K.  The monitor itself is only 1440p.  I've been having to play in Borderless Windowed to get the correct resolution.  But, that's not really a great fix.  Any ideas?

Thanks!

There's an option on nvidia control panel at Display section -> Adjust desktop size and position "Override scaling mode set by games and programs" try if this fixed your problem

image.png.14bff39746cfbc81f8f9c99a6ab4cca1.png

10 minutes ago, Curioisman said:

There's an option on nvidia control panel at Display section -> Adjust desktop size and position "Override scaling mode set by games and programs" try if this fixed your problem

image.png.14bff39746cfbc81f8f9c99a6ab4cca1.png

No dice.  Games will still select the native resolution for rendering, but show my main monitor as a 4k panel...

Screenshot 2021-09-28 100816.png

3 minutes ago, akosin said:

No dice.  Games will still select the native resolution for rendering, but show my main monitor as a 4k panel...

could be a visual thing or a bug, that updating firmware might fix.

else as shown there, going by the 1440p resolution and 170hz.

4 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

could be a visual thing or a bug, that updating firmware might fix.

else as shown there, going by the 1440p resolution and 170hz.

I have my monitor set to show a popup anytime resolution, HDR, adaptive sync, etc. is changed.  When games launch, they throw it into 4K.  So everything looks a little off and blurry.

9 minutes ago, akosin said:

Screenshot 2021-09-28 100816.png

Could you try to install your monitors WHQL driver, it might not make a difference, but a WHQL driver basicly signs your monitor, by some reason it might just work, if it somehow thinks u have a different monitor

P.S: Also in nvidia control panels 3D settings, can you check if you have any DSR factors on, it might upscale if you have it enabled. Check general 3D settings and also program specified

14 minutes ago, Curioisman said:

Could you try to install your monitors WHQL driver, it might not make a difference, but a WHQL driver basicly signs your monitor, by some reason it might just work, if it somehow thinks u have a different monitor

P.S: Also in nvidia control panels 3D settings, can you check if you have any DSR factors on, it might upscale if you have it enabled. Check general 3D settings and also program specified

I can't find any drivers from Gigabyte listed for this monitor.  I checked for DSR factors and they're off too.

Well, I'm not sure what happened. But after my monitor freaking out and me force restarting the computer and power cycling the monitor. This happened. Sooooo, I guess problem solved? haha

Thanks guys!

IMG_4834.jpg