black screen when restarting PC in windows 10 / pc restarted during start up

almond_farisa

According to event viewer, pc shut down unexpectedly on the 18/09/2021. 

This was the black screen event upon restart which made me do a forced shutdown using the button on the case.

Then this morning (28/09/21) I started my pc up and when it got to the windows sign in "screen" it restarted. Windows update circle load screen appeared for a few minutes then it got to the sign in screen.  Another restart and everything appears to be working as normal. No further restarts yet...

According to event viewer this message is associated with both of the random shutdowns -

"The device HID-compliant headset (location (unknown)) is offline due to a user-mode driver crash.  Windows will attempt to restart the device 5 more times.  Please contact the device manufacturer for more information about this problem."

I play Microsoft flight simulator for hours a day with all settings maxed in 5120x1440 and never suffer from any performance issues or crashes or any other failures. The problems mentioned above is the only time I've noticed strange things occurring with my computer. Coincidently or not I wonder if it's anything to do with a windows update as both issues occurred after this updater "September 14, 2021—KB5005565 (OS Builds 19041.1237, 19042.1237, and 19043.1237)" which was installed on the 17/09/21.

In case this helps at all my pc specs are:

ah t600 case

asus rog strix z 590-f motherboard

i9 10900k (stock settings) 

64gb corsair vengeance 3600mhz ram.

rog strix 3090

asus thor 1200w psu