New PC build help

novakhayne123

Budget (including currency): <$1000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: AAA games, online games (MOBAs, MMOs). Just gaming pretty much.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): Buying ASAP. Currently already have an AMD Ryzen 7 5800X and PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT 16 GB Red Devil. Already have computer speakers, a keyboard, a mouse and two screens (both 1080p).

Hey guys! Thank you for taking the time to look at my post. I was able to come across the GPU and CPU mentioned above today. First thing I wanted to know, are they a good combination to build a PC around? Secondly, I was hoping to get some help picking out parts for this computer. Like I mentioned before, it's pretty much for gaming, and school on the side but I don't imagine that being too relevant in the part picking process. In terms of storage I wouldn't need more than 1TB. In terms of RAM I'm thinking 16GB or 32GB. I don't care much for RGB, so if I can save money by going with a non-RGB part that performs the same as its RGB counterpart, that would be great. I'm also looking to get a third monitor, specifically looking at 1440p, and would love some recommendations as well. For cases, I'm not too picky but I'd like something clean and minimalist. Also, I'm thinking a GPU support bracket would probably be a good idea? PC will be connected to the internet via ethernet so I don't need wifi options. I'd also like to add that I know nothing of overclocking.

Ideally I'd like to stay below $1000, but if something pushes the budget over that, and it's genuinely warranted, I'd consider it.

I know this is a lot of information, but I'm not very good at this part of the process - whatsoever. So again, thank you so much for helping me out, I really appreciate it. 馃檪

13 minutes ago, novakhayne123 said:

irst thing I wanted to know, are they a good combination to build a PC around?

Yeah, that's a pretty good combo and should pair pretty nicely with each other.聽

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hJZm68

This is what I'd build.聽

The CPU cooler is pretty good. Not the absolute best but enough to keep the 5800X cool.

The Motherboard is a very solid performer for the price.

For gaming you don't need more than 16GB of RAM, but if you're like me and don't like to close Chrome/Discord/Spotify/etc. while gaming, it can come in handy. Plus this memory kit is pretty fast.

The SSD is a very solid 1TB drive, you can always add an HDD in the future if needed.

The case does have RGB and you did pay $10 extra for it, but the RGB edition also comes with two extra fans. You can always just leave it unplugged. This case has really great airflow and is very easy to build in.

The power supply is well rated and should be more than enough to handle a 6800XT.

11 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Yeah, that's a pretty good combo and should pair pretty nicely with each other.聽

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hJZm68

This is what I'd build.聽

The CPU cooler is pretty good. Not the absolute best but enough to keep the 5800X cool.

The Motherboard is a very solid performer for the price.

For gaming you don't need more than 16GB of RAM, but if you're like me and don't like to close Chrome/Discord/Spotify/etc. while gaming, it can come in handy. Plus this memory kit is pretty fast.

The SSD is a very solid 1TB drive, you can always add an HDD in the future if needed.

The case does have RGB and you did pay $10 extra for it, but the RGB edition also comes with two extra fans. You can always just leave it unplugged. This case has really great airflow and is very easy to build in.

The power supply is well rated and should be more than enough to handle a 6800XT.

Only thing I would change is cooler to Fuma 2.

If RGB ain't needed, Non RGB case is also option. If RGB is must, RGB cooler and RAMs could be had with little more money. P400A is great case, Just add exhaust fans and that's all. Two of those will be enough.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/8CWBD3/phanteks-ph-f120sk-50-cfm-120-mm-fan-ph-f120sk_drgb_pwm