The best purchase right now.

rafe_28

Hey,

I am a 3D Artist and gamer and now looking to upgrade my graphics card because my current one is dying.

Upon my research i faced the obvious problem of the market being more confusing than math in 5th grade when letters first got introduced.

I don't know what i should be getting honestly. The budget is fairly liberal as i still can probably sell my current gpu (5700XT) for a good chunk of money as it only struggles in DX11 games (which is sadly the majority on steam rn).

Any advice on what would be best to get is greatly appreciated.

Things that i "need":

an NVIDIA GPU (got some sweet technology for 3D Stuff)

NOT an 3090 or 3080Ti as this would be overkill

a gpu that could be waterblocked in the future or even comes with a waterblock like some evga cards.

Btw i Live in germany but dw about that i will figure out how i could get my hands on a similar one here.

Thank you in advance.

Ping me or quote me in replys ples. Anyone talking about AiOs and trashing people for a front mount watch THIS JAYZTWOCENTS VID because u 99.9% skipped or didnt understand the Gamers Nexus vid...

Spoiler

Also pineapple doesnt go on pizza

Perhaps an RTX 3070. What does the rest of the PC look like (in terms of specs)? 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

3 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Perhaps an RTX 3070. What does the rest of the PC look like (in terms of specs)? 

i7 9700F

32GB 3200MHz CL16 Vengeance RGB

Some Z390 Board.

CPU + GPU one a 420mmx40mm rad

Ping me or quote me in replys ples. Anyone talking about AiOs and trashing people for a front mount watch THIS JAYZTWOCENTS VID because u 99.9% skipped or didnt understand the Gamers Nexus vid...

Spoiler

Just now, rafe_28 said:

i7 9700F

32GB 3200MHz CL16 Vengeance RGB

Some Z390 Board.

CPU + GPU one a 420mmx40mm rad

An RTX 3070 would be a good fit for your PC. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

I think a RTX 3060 Ti, 3070 or 3070 Ti is what you need. If you want a GPU that already comes with a waterblock, be aware that you will sometimes spend like $200-300 extra for those editions. Waterblocks by themselves should be cheaper, but you should know how to place it of course.

Since you are from Germany, I have heard that notebooksbilliger drops RTX 3000 GPUs at MSRP on their site from time to time. As I'm not aware of when and I'm also not from Germany, I suggest you check your local forums/communities/websites to get more inside information. Also, if you keep an eye out for the bigger PC shops like Caseking, etcetera, you can sometimes find GPUs at MSRP or close to it. Germany's market seems pretty good for a GPU compared to the rest of Europe, but still they are not easy to get.

Very much thank guys.

I will probably be going for a 3070/3070Ti then (except someone else got a big point for something more expensive). Depending on what i can find.

4 minutes ago, FRD said:

Waterblocks by themselves should be cheaper, but you should know how to place it of course.

Yeah i am aware of that. I know how to use a waterblock on a card alr 😉

Spoiler

1 hour ago, rafe_28 said:

Btw i Live in germany

This is kind of a long shot, but if a 2070 would be enough, I actually still have a Zotac 2070 AMP extreme laying around with an Alphacool Waterblock already on it. I recently upgraded to a 3080ti and havent gotten around to selling it yet. I live in germany aswell so i guess hit me up if you're interested. 

1 hour ago, Dreckssackblase said:

This is kind of a long shot, but if a 2070 would be enough, I actually still have a Zotac 2070 AMP extreme laying around with an Alphacool Waterblock already on it. I recently upgraded to a 3080ti and havent gotten around to selling it yet. I live in germany aswell so i guess hit me up if you're interested. 

I get where you are going with this but its used and its "only" a 2070 and like. this is a thing that is gonna be obsolete in a few years unlike a solid 30 series card that is gonna last me a lil longer with the 3d space expanding

Spoiler