processor upgrade

Hey so i am lookin to upgrade my cpu becuz it is bottlenecking my 

gpu i have a gtx 1650 8gb of ram and my current proccessor is AMD fx 6300

It's NOT worth upgrading that system, your options are cpus like FX 8300 , 8320, 8350  ...  

I can tell you that no matter what you upgrade to, the performance increase won't be worth the money - a FX 8320 would cost you around $60-80 ... it's not worth it. 

Normally I would suggest buying a B450 chipset motherboard and a Ryzen CPU and DDR4 memory and sell the cpu+board+ram as a kit.

But these days, it would cost you more than $200 to do it. 

so what should i upgrade as i am getting very low amount of fps as compared to the other youtubers who make benchmark test of same gpu and same RAM

it is like i am getting fps lower than a gtx 1030 and i payed for my gpu so i am mostly think that its the CPU problem becuz it was from my old pc 

Just now, RushOutEvil said:

so what should i upgrade as i am getting very low amount of fps as compared to the other youtubers who make benchmark test of same gpu and same RAM

it is like i am getting fps lower than a gtx 1030 and i payed for my gpu so i am mostly think that its the CPU problem becuz it was from my old pc 

Depends on the video quality settings you select, depends on resolution, depends if the game has to constantly load textures from hard drive or not. 

JayzTwoCents recently did a video where he used an even slower cpu , the FX-6100 , and a similar video card and it still works OK.

Change the image quality from ultra to high, or from high to medium-high, do some research and maybe disable or lower some things (in some games lowering shadows from all to some or from high quality shadows to medium quality) or other things that have less visual impact (ex grass density, number of persons walking around on maps) can have a very high impact on performance of a game.

i saw that video and believe me i never went above medium or high still i have 20 -30 fps in most games  so there isn't any convo for high settings

i bought my gpu as it said u can run most of the games at 1080 high i think it can but my CPU is not letting me do it i also went through the bottleneck calculator and and it said your processor is to weak for your graphics card , i don't think that i need to change my graphic card or RAM but i don't know i am not much of a techy guy i did months of research going into nvidea settings then windows gaming settings but  nothin great worked for me i kind of feel bad my friends have a much cheaper GPU than mine still get good FPS so if any of you can consult me what should i upgrade or do it will be a favor

hey i am lookin to upgrade my CPU as my current one is very old and bottlenecking my gpu

i have a-

Gtx 1650 oc edition

8gb ddr4 ram

and an AMD fx 6300 six core processor

my budget is somewhere between 200 dollars

I wouldn't say it's the biggest bottleneck ever, and besides, getting a new platform for that budget isn't really that easy. You might be able to get a used 6600k mobo/CPU/RAM combo, but that depends on your market. Personally, I'd try to live with it and save another $100-200 before upgrading, since you can get a lot more performance with that amount.

hey man thanks for the reply

as u said its not a biggest bottleneck , ya thats correct but i am getting very low amounts of FPS in games and i see other youtubers that they are getting much higher FPS with the same GPU and RAM and same ingame settings

so its kinda bad that you have paid for you pc and it cant live up to its perfomance thats why i am trying to upgrade my cpu as it is from 2011

and ya its not that i need exact of 200 dollars  i just need a mid range combo 

7 minutes ago, RushOutEvil said:

hey i am lookin to upgrade my CPU as my current one is very old and bottlenecking my gpu

i have a-

Gtx 1650 oc edition

8gb ddr4 ram

and an AMD fx 6300 six core processor

my budget is somewhere between 200 dollars

This is pretty much the only budget processor that is good value right now, all the AMD ones are sold out or at too high of prices.

https://www.amazon.com/Intel-BX8070110100F-i3-10100F-3-6GHz-LGA1200/dp/B08LKJPR5X

https://www.amazon.com/GIGABYTE-B460M-Intel-Micro-ATX-Motherboard/dp/B083GTCRHX

😳
Not that active so I may not respond.

thanks man for the reply how about intel i5 9400f or amd ryzen 3 3200g

hey i a m looking to buy a new cpu because my current one is bottlenecking my gpu so i have selected 2 cpu 

intel i5 9400f and Ryzen 3 3200g can you tell which will be good for gaming 

Between the two, the 9400 by a significant margin.

But why only these two? What are you coming from?

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

i dont know much about pc 

i have a gtx 1650 and an amd fx 6300 and 8 gb ram

==threads merged==

do not repost the same topic

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs