NZXT H710/H710i vs Corsair 4000D Airflow

Rob_dog

I am a first-time PC builder and I am thinking about which case to get, the H710/H710i from NZXT or the Corsair 4000D Airflow. I am looking for something that will stay decently quiet, looks good, and will at least keep my parts from thermal throttling. I will keep everything stock.

Here are my specs.

Corsair 4000D Airflow (Black):

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

NZXT Kraken X53 240mm AIO

EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra Gaming

6 Corsair LL120 Fans

NZXT H710/H710i (Matte White/Black):

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

NZXT Kraken X73 360mm AIO

EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra Gaming

7 NZXT Aer RGB 2 Fans (6 120mm Fans, 1 140mm Fan)

2 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Well it all comes down to the fact one of those cases has an actual air intake and the other doesn't.

Also the NZXT junk probably costs your pancreas while the Corsair is reasonably priced, adding front fans to it won't really help at all, it's not like those fans will be able to pull fresh air from the outside, it's like putting fans in a box, yeah, it'll move air, but it'll only cycle the air that's inside the box forever.

Then you shouldn't be even considering that 70's modern art looking case. Quiet = cool, no thermal throttling = cool. It fails to satisfy both your requirements.

Aside from the 4000D there are others like the Meshify C or the cooler master H500 that offer decent performance, neither of those are "my style" but they'll do just fine for someone else. There's also the generic gamers' choice: the O11 dynamic, it'll also cost your pancreas but it's worth mentioning.

Just remember, solid front panel = no air intake

Would you consider the new H510 Flow?

4000D every day and twice on Sunday.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16