computer can't display gui

So I got a asus tuf FX505DY that I installed manjaro kde on. Recently I tried to change the resolution in a game running in Wine in an attempt to get better performance. All of a sudden, the entire screen goes balck. I reboot, still got a black screen. Access cammandline with ctrl+alt+f2 and update computer using -Syu. All updated, reboot, black screen. I type in xrandr, pc says can't open display. I try -Syyu pc says there's nothing to do. How do I get the GUI back?

What I would probably do first is reinstall xorg. I believe this command should reinstall all the xorg packages on your system.

sudo pacman -Scc xorg

select all, and then reboot the system.

Edited by RONOTHAN##
mistyped the command

When you boot and and switch to t TTY2 whats the output of "sudo systemctl status sddm" and "sudo dmesg | grep error"

Here's a picture of the bios in case it's helpful. I just noticed that the battery is discharging at a considerable rate.

195311.jpeg

What do you have in /etc/X11/, especially in xorg.conf.d, and is there a file xorg.conf?  Where does manjaro put it's Xorg.log files?

Maybe the graphics card is using another output for some reason.  If you can plug your monitor into another port on the graphics card, maybe you'll get a picture there ...  If that's the case, IIRC there is there a way to force using a particular output.

3 hours ago, heimdali said:

What do you have in /etc/X11/, especially in xorg.conf.d, and is there a file xorg.conf?  Where does manjaro put it's Xorg.log files?

Maybe the graphics card is using another output for some reason.  If you can plug your monitor into another port on the graphics card, maybe you'll get a picture there ...  If that's the case, IIRC there is there a way to force using a particular output.

It's a laptop