Brand Recommending

DeadDabster
Go to solution Solved by IkeaGnome,
9 minutes ago, Nalina Artigala said:

Do you recommend a CPU that doesn't support latest OS (Like Windows 11)?

Does a brand new CPU fit in their budget, or do they need something a bit older? Not much point choosing a CPU that can eat an entire budget.

• What kind of CPUs do you recommend when it comes to a machine without a dedicated GPU (or a iGPU machine)
  • Do you recommend putting a after market cooler for a low-budget or a computer which only use for low-tasks other than the stock cooler? (Actually for my PC the intel i5 stock cooler worked pretty well and also my 110R PC case doesn't have any intake fans it only have a exhaust fan)
  • Is corsair a good brand?

These all depend on specific use. Do they multi task a lot? Do they edit videos/stream? Do they do CAD? Those all might favor different CPUs and potentially a larger or smaller cooler.

10 minutes ago, Nalina Artigala said:
  • What brands are the best?
  • Is MSI, Asrock, NZXT good? (I heard that MSI Bios is awful and I've never heard of ASrock brand in my country) 
  • Do you recommend Micro or Mini ATX motherboard? (Why do most people recommend Asrock B560M Pro4/ac micro ATX motherboard for intel 10th gen builds, because according to reviews and articles the first M.2 slot doesn't support for intel 10th gen systems) 

Don't buy based on brands. Every brand has good and bad products. Want a good example? Look at what Gigabyte is going through with their PSUs.

As for ATX/mATX/Itx, depends on what they want. mATX motherboards tend to go in a bit more budget of a build. Less PCIE slots, less PCB, less cost.

12 minutes ago, Nalina Artigala said:
  • Is corsair a good ram? and is there any problem with corsair LPX? (Some people told me that corsair LPX doesn't give the requested Mhz and its not stable)
  • Do you recommend going for a 2666Mhz ram even for a intel i5 or i3 builds?
  • Is team brands rams good? (Because one team ram received the TUF certification)

I've had great luck with LPX. At what RAM costs and the boost you do get from it, there's no sense in going under 3200mhz. Even 3600 is starting to fit into budget builds and seems to be the "price to performance" happy spot for Intel and AMD anymore.

13 minutes ago, Nalina Artigala said:
  • What SSD brands do you recommend (crucial, lexar, samsung, seagate, WD, kingston, HP, corsair)
  • Is Gen 3 really bad? (I know that its 2x slower than Gen 4 but according to YouTube videos there isn't a big different between gen 4 and gen 3)
  • Do you recommend putting a SATA SSD as the main drive?

Depends on budget again. No sense in putting a SN550 in a $2500 build, but no sense in putting a Q4 in a $1000 build. Gen 3 is just fine for what 90% of us do.

14 minutes ago, Nalina Artigala said:
  • What brands do you recommend (Cooler master, corsair, EVGA, sea sonic, Thermaltake)
  • Why does most people recommend going for a 550 Watt PSU when a 450 watt PSU is enough?
  • Do you recommend 80+ Bronze? 

Don't recommend based off brand. All the brands you listed have good PSUs. They also have horrible ones. Don't recommend based off brand and "80 plus gold". As we've seen recently, 80 plus ratings can be very easily faked and don't tell anything about the actual parts and reliability of the PSU. 550W also tends to not cost much more than 450W. Having a bit more PSU now leaves room for upgrades later without worrying about it again. There is almost no reason to get a Bronze when you can get good units for very cheap.

16 minutes ago, Nalina Artigala said:
  • What brands do you recommend?
  • What type of network adapter do you recommend PCi one or USB one? 
  • Do you recommend wireless or wired? (and also wireless combo or not)

Once again, don't recommend based off brand. Asus has some good monitors, but seem to have just put out a really bad one for example. Recommend based off product. For most people, there's no need for a network adapter. Motherboards have LAN built in anymore, and if you need WiFi you can get motherboards with WiFi built in.

Don't recommend based on brand. 

This is not actually a new build or a planner.
In this I'm asking questions with a PC build.

Processor and cooler :-

• Do you recommend a CPU that doesn't support latest OS (Like Windows 11)?
  • What kind of CPUs do you recommend when it comes to a machine without a dedicated GPU (or a iGPU machine)
  • Do you recommend putting a after market cooler for a low-budget or a computer which only use for low-tasks other than the stock cooler? (Actually for my PC the intel i5 stock cooler worked pretty well and also my 110R PC case doesn't have any intake fans it only have a exhaust fan)

Motherboard :-

• Is MSI, Asrock, NZXT good? (I heard that MSI Bios is awful and I've never heard of ASrock brand in my country) 
  • Do you recommend Micro or Mini ATX motherboard? (Why do most people recommend Asrock B560M Pro4/ac micro ATX motherboard for intel 10th gen builds, because according to reviews and articles the first M.2 slot doesn't support for intel 10th gen systems) 

Ram :-

• Is corsair a good ram? and is there any problem with corsair LPX? (Some people told me that corsair LPX doesn't give the requested Mhz and its not stable)
  • Is team brands rams good? (Because one team ram received the TUF certification)

Storage :-

• What brand do you recommend when it comes to HDD Seagate or WD?
  • What SSD brands do you recommend (crucial, lexar, samsung, seagate, WD, kingston, HP, corsair)
  • Is Gen 3 really bad? (I know that its 2x slower than Gen 4 but according to YouTube videos there isn't a big different between gen 4 and gen 3)

Case :-

• What brands do you recommend? (NZXT, Corsair, Lian Li, Cooler master, Thermaltake, Antec)
  • Do you recommend cases with a brand which you don't know?
  • What cases do you recommend for a budget casing?
  • Is Corsair a good brand?

Power Supply :-  

• What brands do you recommend (Cooler master, corsair, EVGA, sea sonic, Thermaltake)
  • Why does most people recommend going for a 550 Watt PSU when a 450 watt PSU is enough?

Monitor, Keyboard and mouse, speaker, network adapter, headphone :-

There's a main question that I need to ask from you guys,

Is Corsair a Good brand for PSU. RAM, Casing, SSDs?

(I asked this question because every time when I suggest a corsair product for someone one or two people say that don't go for corsair and also what is the problem with Corsair CV450 80+ Bronze PSU?) and also in machine also I used corsair RAMs, PSU and case

In general, do not buy "brands." Virtually all "big name" brands for PC components and peripherals have some products which are good and some products which are bad. You gain nothing by being loyalty to one logo over another. 

To answer a few specific questions...

I don't think any such CPU's are still being sold new. 

Why do most people recommend Asrock B560M Pro4/ac micro ATX motherboard for intel 10th gen builds, because according to reviews and articles the first M.2 slot doesn't support for intel 10th gen systems

I think what you read is about the fact that Intel 10th gen CPU's don't support PCIe 4.0. Not the board's fault. 

Is Gen 3 really bad? 

No, in fact the additional speed of gen 4 is useless for most people.

What brands do you recommend? (NZXT, Corsair, Lian Li, Cooler master, Thermaltake, Antec)

Not NZXT.

Why does most people recommend going for a 550 Watt PSU when a 450 watt PSU is enough?

Enough for what?

Do you recommend 80+ Bronze? 

80+ is not an indicator of quality.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

2 minutes ago, Middcore said:

In general, do not buy "brands." Virtually all "big name" brands for PC components and peripherals have some products which are good and some products which are bad. You gain nothing by being loyalty to one logo over another. 

Yes I know that but I'm asking overall recommendations for parts because most people won't recommend some brands for builds 

1 minute ago, Nalina Artigala said:

Yes I know that but I'm asking overall recommendations for parts because most people won't recommend some brands for builds 

Half your post is "what brand do you recommend for this part or that part?" That is the wrong mindset. Anybody who blanketly recommended one brand for most of those component choices would be doing you a disservice because that brand makes some parts that are poor or that wouldn't fit your personal preferences and use cases. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Brand is not important, rather quality is...

I read, that was a point brought out before me. Simple but true I think.

People might prefer some brands over the others, but that is heavily subjective.

I edit my posts more often than not

Does a brand new CPU fit in their budget, or do they need something a bit older? Not much point choosing a CPU that can eat an entire budget.

These all depend on specific use. Do they multi task a lot? Do they edit videos/stream? Do they do CAD? Those all might favor different CPUs and potentially a larger or smaller cooler.

10 minutes ago, Nalina Artigala said:

Don't buy based on brands. Every brand has good and bad products. Want a good example? Look at what Gigabyte is going through with their PSUs.

As for ATX/mATX/Itx, depends on what they want. mATX motherboards tend to go in a bit more budget of a build. Less PCIE slots, less PCB, less cost.

12 minutes ago, Nalina Artigala said:

I've had great luck with LPX. At what RAM costs and the boost you do get from it, there's no sense in going under 3200mhz. Even 3600 is starting to fit into budget builds and seems to be the "price to performance" happy spot for Intel and AMD anymore.

13 minutes ago, Nalina Artigala said:

Depends on budget again. No sense in putting a SN550 in a $2500 build, but no sense in putting a Q4 in a $1000 build. Gen 3 is just fine for what 90% of us do.

14 minutes ago, Nalina Artigala said:

Don't recommend based off brand. All the brands you listed have good PSUs. They also have horrible ones. Don't recommend based off brand and "80 plus gold". As we've seen recently, 80 plus ratings can be very easily faked and don't tell anything about the actual parts and reliability of the PSU. 550W also tends to not cost much more than 450W. Having a bit more PSU now leaves room for upgrades later without worrying about it again. There is almost no reason to get a Bronze when you can get good units for very cheap.

16 minutes ago, Nalina Artigala said:

Once again, don't recommend based off brand. Asus has some good monitors, but seem to have just put out a really bad one for example. Recommend based off product. For most people, there's no need for a network adapter. Motherboards have LAN built in anymore, and if you need WiFi you can get motherboards with WiFi built in.

Don't recommend based on brand. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

As others have said, don't buy brands. Major brands have offerings at multiple price points with corresponding quality and performance.

Consult the PSU Tier list for suitable models. Buy a model in Tier A if possible, otherwise Tier B.

If you get an mATX motherboard, a suitable case is likely a bit pricier than an ATX motherboard case.

A case should have at least two fans to establish good air flow. While one can get very inexpensive cases, the build process is much more enjoyable in something that costs a little more.

Intel stock coolers are fine when provided. The same is true for most AMD coolers. That said a suitable aftermarket cpu cooler can make for a quieter system and extend component life.

Three companies make most, if not all the dram chips used in memory modules. In other words, there is not a lot of difference between memory kits of the same speed and timings.

Memory speed and timings are important but not critical. Modern cpu for the most part do better with speeds over 3000. That said, some chipset / cpu combinations in the Intel world limit memory speeds.

Corsair memory will deliver it's advertised speed and timings when properly installed in a compatible system.

For a budget system get the least expensive two stick kit of ddr4-3200 or faster with cl18 or lower.

NVMe storage speed differences are not material in budget systems. 

Definitely do not use a SATA SSD over an m.2 NVMe drive. Use SATA SSD when budget does not permit an NVMe drive.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.