First custom loop, need help for planning and part check.

PEagle
3 minutes ago, bowrilla said:

Yep, that's exactly the one I had in mind. With turning the pump by 90° the res-rrad tube might be a bit nicer as well or by changing the ports on the rad. The latter one might look a bit more tidy because you're not crossing in front of the res.

A good idea, I'll keep it in mind for the next time I change the arrangement. 

4 minutes ago, bowrilla said:

Well, for custom cables you'll need the crimp tool (that's like 50€) and LOTS of patience. I've done it but it takes many many hours. If you decide to go for it: MDPC X is probably the best address in Europe for buying your stuff. Huge selection of sleeves, very good cables, alle the connectors and terminals you'd want (though not 100% sure about the 12pin Micro-Fit connector, but you could use the one from your adaptor I guess) and their crimp tool is very good. More professional tools usually go way beyond those 50 bucks.

But expect to spend easily 200 bucks to make your own cables and by that time CableMod is not really more expensive and it will save your >dozen hours of work.

I'm not expecting to redo all the cables, just the one that are visible from the glass side, that would also allow me to take and retake measurements at will not feeling like I've wasted 30€ because of a failed measure.

But it's still a project and I need to spend time thinking about it. Whatever happens, I'm gonna have to think it through and take time to do it if I ever decide to cross the line. 

7 minutes ago, PEagle said:

that would also allow me to take and retake measurements at will not feeling like I've wasted 30€ because of a failed measure.

Whatever you measure: multiply by 1.5

7 minutes ago, PEagle said:

But it's still a project and I need to spend time thinking about it. Whatever happens, I'm gonna have to think it through and take time to do it if I ever decide to cross the line. 

It feels good doing it all on your own (but have a multimeter on hand to check pinout and also make sure your PSU cables do not have filter caps in the cables - yes, that's a thing) but it is very time consuming and juggling around with all the heat shrink and the nylong sleeving and semi-melted sleeving, the metal bits .. your fingers will be sore. It has some Zen vibes doing it though ...

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

14 hours ago, PEagle said:

'll need to stress test it with GPU + CPU. Which program would you recommend ?

personally I went with cinebench r20 & unigine heaven, put cpu & gpu on stock settings then ran both stress test for around 30 to 45 mins

see what's your ambient temp diff with coolant temp, also monitor your components (coz my ryzen 3600 was pulling 1.4v & went to 85c on waterblock 🤦🏽‍♂️

I lock my gpu voltage on mining via afterburner 

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini

double posted /fml

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

2 hours ago, fonzz1e said:

personally I went with cinebench r20 & unigine heaven, put cpu & gpu on stock settings then ran both stress test for around 30 to 45 mins

see what's your ambient temp diff with coolant temp, also monitor your components (coz my ryzen 3600 was pulling 1.4v & went to 85c on waterblock 🤦🏽‍♂️

I lock my gpu voltage on mining via afterburner 

Imho that ain't a stress test. Prime95 + Furmark ... that will hit the thermal ceiling. Can't imagine anything putting more heat into the loop.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

12 hours ago, bowrilla said:

Imho that ain't a stress test. Prime95 + Furmark ... that will hit the thermal ceiling. Can't imagine anything putting more heat into the loop.

yea for less than 1 hour stress I do that

for 24 hour or more stress test I do p95 + furmark

i do read that nvidia gpu will not max it clocks in furmark, not sure tho

28 minutes ago, bowrilla said:

Whatever you measure: multiply by 1.5

For supplies, I agree, but it's that kind of thinks I'd like to make better/cleaner 

image.png.d91a6c35a4e6e0ccef54a2b0d73c8869.png

31 minutes ago, bowrilla said:

It feels good doing it all on your own (but have a multimeter on hand to check pinout and also make sure your PSU cables do not have filter caps in the cables - yes, that's a thing) but it is very time consuming and juggling around with all the heat shrink and the nylong sleeving and semi-melted sleeving, the metal bits .. your fingers will be sore. It has some Zen vibes doing it though ...

I'm still looking at videos but I know it's gonna be a long trip if I ever take it.

For the stress test, it was not 45 minutes but the coolant temp was stabilised and here are the results

- CPU 63.4

- GPU 47.5

- Coolant 38.5

- Estimated ambiant 23-25

those are decent temps, I do 30mins or longer stress test due to thermal load needs time to be fully saturated in coolant