Zotac gtx 1080ti amp extreme having gpu utilsation bounce all over the place and underperforming

THE VIDEO I HAVE ATTATCHED HAS FLICKERING. EPILEPSY WARNING!

Hi, I have been having very strange issues with my gpu.

It is used and my setup is not the most common.

It is running in a virtual machine with the host being proxmox and the virtual machine being arch linux

I have 8 core deticated to it with 16gb of ram as well.

My setup is a remote gaming setup where i use moonlight game stream with sunshine to allow me to play games anywhere.

Now the screen is a virtual screen using Xorg tricks to make the driver think it is connected to a screen but I do not think this could be the issue

The gpu utilisation in unigine superposition jumps from 70 to 100% constantly and causes the fps to jump from 20 to 40 in the extreme 1080p test.

The final score is around ~ 3850 which is much lower then the usual a gtx 1080ti can get.

Playing minecraft with shaders also feel choppy but without the insane flickering i get with the unigine benchmarks.

I have attatched my dmesg which seems to have some errors but I cannot tell what they are about. Posiibly the gpu but I do not know.

I have attatched my xorg.conf and the edid i am using for my virtual display

The gpu itself never gets above 68C when gaming for long periods so it  cannot be throttling. The gpu is at 1936mhz and it stays there but the gpu utilisation is a bit haywire

My nvidia drivers are the latest 470.74

I am running linux kernel 5.14.7 

I am using Arch linux

Any help would be appreciated

Just now, TheManOfHeck said:

My nvidia drivers are the latest 470.74

I am running linux kernel 5.14.7 

I am using Arch linux

Uninstall your nvidia drivers, try to run what linux defaults to.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Just now, SorryClaire said:

Uninstall your nvidia drivers, try to run what linux defaults to.

When I do that then sunshine (the thing I use to remote game) will not start as nouveu does not have great 3d acceleration or really usable.