Inwin Chopin : how difficult is it to build?

Uji Ninja

Hi,

I've checked a few how-to videos on YouTube, and it seems the Inwin Chopin case is indeed a very tight fit.

Has anyone built a SFF PC using this case and, if so, how difficult was it to actually install the motherboard? How about cable management?

If I end up buying this case, it would be my second build (first one was like 15 years ago) so I'm totally inexperienced.

Note : I would use the case with a 2.5" HDD and probably a Noctua low-profile cooler. Still undecided when it comes to other parts.

Thanks.

I would avoid this kind of case if you're looking for a safer installation since it has a non regular power supply.

As for the motherboard, if you got a mini-itx, it will not be a problem, it should fit just fine.

Other thing to note is the GPU height which is a low profile one.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

1 hour ago, SupaKomputa said:

Other thing to note is the GPU height which is a low profile one.

You can put a GPU in this case?! I thought it's for APUs only.

I'm trying to find a very small and affordable case (it's going to be my daughter's emulation / light gaming rig).

Right now I'm torn between the Chopin, the Asrock Deskmini, or just go the safe (but not upgradable) route and catch a NUC with a I5-1135g7.

I'm also wondering if I should pull the plug now, while stuff are in stock, or wait for Alder Lake.

yeah you can't, i don't see the pci cut out.

anyway, i will avoid this if you're looking for future expansion.

if you're willing to have it all vanilla, don't mind the PSU, go for it.

check if the psu can support the cpu you're planning to run.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

I built once in it, it's not hard at all if you follow the manual, you can also find some good build videos on it. I used mine for gaming while travelling, it does the job very nicely but is a bit loud because of the PSU fan while gaming.

Yes it's very small, but it's well optimised imo, cable management isn't as easy as in a big case, but it's also one of the easiest that I came across in this form factor (I've built 5 SFF PCs in the past 2 years) especially with the built-in PSU.

What you need to note is that

• of course no graphics card can be installed unless you mod the case,
  • and you're limited to 2x 2.5" HDD/SSD in addition to any M.2 slots available on your motherboard,
  • the worst thing about this case is how loud the PSU is when you're running high load, it's comparable to a laptop when you game on it, pretty loud.
    You could replace the PSU fan but this as well requires modding - google replacing flex PSU fan (Optimum Tech did a nice video on it)

I highly recommend this case if you're specifically going for an APU build on the go in this very sff, but if you plan to have a fixed place for the PC and wouldn't wanna carry it around, I recommend something bigger for less noise, better cooling and upgradeability like: