Rocket league has not worked since it was free 2 years ago on epic . Help please

StonerNixon

Yatatatata , if you can think of an easy fix , I’ve probably done it by down . 2 years of forums and shit … I’ve probably done it … and now to boot , I just spent 5 hours re downloading gta v only for it to now say the same thing that I am not connected to epic online service… I can open a fucking game of fortnite and play no problem… so being connected clearly isn’t the actual underlying issue … for the love of fuck epic themselves says that turning your date and time to automatic , is another fix for this problem …. How in the love of fuck dose that have anything to do with the the game itself getting some for of  update , letting the game know hey I’m connected! And NOT disconnected. There’s clearly some form of code that is run in every game for it be like launch start up thingy , boom im offline because I just started buts let’s run a check for connect and switch to online … like there is something happening is others games , that just not present on epic games launcher …. Someone please help before I pull even more of hair out please 

10 minutes ago, StonerNixon said:

for the love of fuck epic themselves says that turning your date and time to automatic

this actually can cause issues like this, and many many other issues if your date and time is off. either way, did you try reinstalling the game, and launcher? worst case scenario might be a fresh windows 10 install if you haven't already tried that. also, being connected to the internet can be the issue, say if your firewall, or router, blocks certain traffic the game needs, but not others.

11 hours ago, StonerNixon said:

Yatatatata , if you can think of an easy fix , I’ve probably done it by down . 2 years of forums and shit … I’ve probably done it … and now to boot , I just spent 5 hours re downloading gta v only for it to now say the same thing that I am not connected to epic online service… I can open a fucking game of fortnite and play no problem… so being connected clearly isn’t the actual underlying issue … for the love of fuck epic themselves says that turning your date and time to automatic , is another fix for this problem …. How in the love of fuck dose that have anything to do with the the game itself getting some for of  update , letting the game know hey I’m connected! And NOT disconnected. There’s clearly some form of code that is run in every game for it be like launch start up thingy , boom im offline because I just started buts let’s run a check for connect and switch to online … like there is something happening is others games , that just not present on epic games launcher …. Someone please help before I pull even more of hair out please 

As you say, you've tried everything.

You definitely don't have anything that might be triggering it's anti cheat or something?

I'm not hardware savvy (obviously), but do you know what I mean?

• 2 weeks later...

I uninstalled the game , re installed , did the windows thing time zone thing , and also flipped a few switches in the eventlog and now it works fine . Sorry it took me so long to reply guys :/ 

On 10/5/2021 at 5:49 PM, StonerNixon said:

I uninstalled the game , re installed , did the windows thing time zone thing , and also flipped a few switches in the eventlog and now it works fine . Sorry it took me so long to reply guys 😕

Well, you got it sorted and that's the main thing.

The one from Steam might run with Messing with the Time Zone Workaround.