HELP Getting MSI Mystic Light to work (B550)

I've got a MSI B550 Tomahawk and want to set my RAM LED's and one LED strip on a constant colour.

I had it working with Dragon Center for a while but after upgrade my RAM with two extra sticks, two sticks wouldn't be controlled and be in the standard config (which is rainbow, so doesn't fit at all). 

I searched and tried some alternatives for Mystic Light but nothing works for my mobo, so I have to get Mystic Light to work somehow.

At this point I unistalled everything (even used an uninstaller tool from MSI) and tried it with MSI Center cause it's newer and hopefully better than Dragon Center, after a lot of troubleshooting I got Mystic Light to work for two RAM-Sticks, so back to the same problem.

These are my current insights to this piece of garbage:

Mystic Light (and potentially MSI Center) has an enormous problem with permissions. I have an admin-account and usually use a seperate user-account.

You can install MSI Center with admin permissions in an user-account (and even this makes problems sometimes because of some MS-Store shenanigans, I don't even want to look into), but Mystic Light won't download in the feature tab of MSI Center.

You have to start MSI Center in an admin-account to install Mystic Light. For this admin-account Mystic Light works fine now.

At this point loging into the user account brings me to the two stick situation.

When opening MSI Center as user, Mystic Light shows up as installed but can't be opened. The reason seams to be that some Mystic Light Services are running with admin privileges in the background. Starting Task Manager as admin makes me able to kill these processes and I can finally open Mystic Light.

Now all RAM Sticks are controllable, but I have to repeat this step atfer every system start. Thats not really a solution I'm happy with.

So I tried to at least stop these servies from starting on startup.

I disabled MSI Center from the autostart and even disabled all MSI Servies from system configuration, LEDKeeper2 (a service from Mystic Light) still gets started.

Deleted LEDKeeper2.exe from the Mystic Light folder, it still gets started on startup. I really don't now what kind of zombie this is.

So, does anyone has personal experiences or further ideas how to solve this? An alternative which works with a MSI B550 mobo would be wonderfull as well.

Not sure if I explained all this good enough, so just ask if I didn't at some point.

• 1 year later...