Boot up problems, suspected faulty motherboard: Asking for advice before buying a new motherboard.

raydude888

PC specs:
AMD ryzen 3400g- GTX 1660 Super OC - 8gb ram dual channel - Corsair gold rated 650w PSU - A320m-S2H Mobo. All drivers are updated except MoBo which is still at stock.

Context: So, recently, my pc started having a problem I never encountered. One afternoon I decided to shut it down and by night time start it up again. It refused to boot. I paid in no mind till the next morning since I wasn't going to use it for anything important anyway. The next day I tried to power it up. No response. I plugged/unplugged the power cord and cleared it of static. Nothing. so I opened it up and dusted it, and checked the motherboard for any damage. Nothing burned or bulging as far as I can see. So I did what I would call a thorough troubleshooting, which included:

• Swapping power supply. Didn't boot. Tried to manually run the power supply. It started without a hitch.

• Took of the gpu. Didn't boot. Reseated it. Still nothing.

• Swapped ram modules. Nothing. Ram worked fine on another pc.

• Checked cpu. No bent pins. reapplied new thermal paste. No boot.

• Checked for faulty SSD. SSD ran fine on an external dock. Files are intact.

• Tried to manually jumpstart the motherboard. Nothing.

• Suspected the tangled cables underneath the case is shorting something out. opened case and let them hang free from table not touching the case. Tried to power on. No boot.

• Tried to take components one by one to reduce the suspected parts. Still refused to boot.

• Cleared CMOS and swapped for a new CMOS battery. Nothing.

Got frustrated and left it alone for a while. a few hours later I tried to boot it. It booted somehow! I was happy. Then I shut it down to check the parts for something, tried to boot it again, and nothing.... For the past 2 weeks the computer will randomly decide to be generous and boot, and sometimes it's too tired I guess so it chooses not to. I can confirm that every other part of the build is working as intended, GPU, Ram, SSD, PSU. This is a one year old build after all. So I just kept it on for the past 2 weeks. Still, it's frustrating being unable to power down and power up your pc whenever you please.

So, I'm asking for advice since the last thing I can only suspect is the motherboard. Should I buy a new one, or is there a troubleshoot I still didn't do yet? Maybe something small that will probably fix my problem?

Also, little things I noticed on the pc after the problems arose:

• The PC will no longer keep time, either going 01/01/2001, or some date that is close to the current date.

• The case is electro-charged. If I put a single finger on it and touch a wall with my open palm, a constant current will move through and cause the hairs on my arms to stand. especially the smaller fingers. It's not painful, just tingly.

• The motherboard will still supply power to the ports without booting. Which I find odd since I set the bios to never accept power if a current is running unless the pc is booted.

• If I shut down the PC, the time it usually takes for it to boot again has a pattern. It usually takes between 10-14 hours after it has shutdown for it to have a small chance of booting again. Works 8/10 times.

Thank you for those who will help!

The text is not too visible with dark forum theme though...
Not trying to be elitist, but it's probably easier to one person to default teo regualr test, than many others with dark theme.

Edit: thanks!

I edit my posts more often than not