Nvidia Dirextx Error DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED

Raaxby

Hey, little preface, if any of you manage to fix this it would be insane, I assume offering rewards isn't allowed but eternal gratitude is all I can offer for a fix of this. At this point I'm guessing the GPU is completely bricked which really sucks as I don't have another and really can't afford to buy a new one. Been trying to fix this for almost 2 years now and is starting to get annoying seen as I have quite a high end system without being able to play most games.

Background:

I've had my 2060 for about 2 years now and had a problem for about a year of that time. The error is that my GPU doesn't allow me to play games with decent graphics released past like 2010. I always get the same DirectX Function error and have never been able to fix it. I have been able to play less demanding games but a lot of them crash. The games generally crash after about 20-30 mins of playing (Outside of menus). This is the error message that comes up (It's something very similar in other games). My temps sit stable at about 75 degrees C but I still crash.

Screenshot of crash:

View: https://imgur.com/zp11Kbb

Games I crash whilst playing:
-Red Dead Redemption 2
-Battlefield 1, 4 and 5
-CS:GO
-GTA V
-Insurgency Sandstorm
-Rainbow Six Siege
-PUBG

Games that I don't crash whilst playing:
-Minecraft
-Terraria
-Stardew Valley
-TF2
-Payday 2
-GMOD
-Rocket League
-Civilization V

Things I've tried to fix it:

-Buying new PSU
-Fresh installing drivers with DDU
-Searching up answers online
-Uninstalling unneeded software
-Cleaning GPU
-Refitting all fans in case

I'll be happy to answer any questions you have. It really sucks to have a $400 GPU that doesn't run any good graphics game. I will be extremely grateful for anyone even attempting to help.

EDIT: Specs

RTX 2060
Ryzen 5 3600x
8Gb Corsair Vengeance
MSI Tomahawk Max
Corsair TX750M (750 Watt)

12 minutes ago, Raaxby said:

Hey, little preface, if any of you manage to fix this it would be insane, I assume offering rewards isn't allowed but eternal gratitude is all I can offer for a fix of this. At this point I'm guessing the GPU is completely bricked which really sucks as I don't have another and really can't afford to buy a new one. Been trying to fix this for almost 2 years now and is starting to get annoying seen as I have quite a high end system without being able to play most games.

Background:

I've had my 2060 for about 2 years now and had a problem for about a year of that time. The error is that my GPU doesn't allow me to play games with decent graphics released past like 2010. I always get the same DirectX Function error and have never been able to fix it. I have been able to play less demanding games but a lot of them crash. The games generally crash after about 20-30 mins of playing (Outside of menus). This is the error message that comes up (It's something very similar in other games). My temps sit stable at about 75 degrees C but I still crash.

Screenshot of crash:

View: https://imgur.com/zp11Kbb

Games I crash whilst playing:
-Red Dead Redemption 2
-Battlefield 1, 4 and 5
-CS:GO
-GTA V
-Insurgency Sandstorm
-Rainbow Six Siege
-PUBG

Games that I don't crash whilst playing:
-Minecraft
-Terraria
-Stardew Valley
-TF2
-Payday 2
-GMOD
-Rocket League
-Civilization V

Things I've tried to fix it:

-Buying new PSU
-Fresh installing drivers with DDU
-Searching up answers online
-Uninstalling unneeded software
-Cleaning GPU
-Refitting all fans in case

I'll be happy to answer any questions you have. It really sucks to have a $400 GPU that doesn't run any good graphics game. I will be extremely grateful for anyone even attempting to help.

EDIT: Specs

RTX 2060
Ryzen 5 3600x
8Gb Corsair Vengeance
MSI Tomahawk Max
Corsair TX750M (750 Watt)

Completely unrelated to your GPU issue, but your ram is trash.
Not only has it been known to not reach the rated speeds that it's been sold for, but you only have 8GB of it in a Tomahawk Max motherboard paired with a 3600...
If you're running a 1x8GB set, please seek out a 2x8GB kit, and atleast have it's ratings for 3200CL16 - however pairing it with 3600CL16 will net you the most performance.

As for the the GPU issue, run MemTest86 and see if you get any errors with that. Also run OCCT's GPU/CPU testing and see if you are thrown any errors with either of those.
Perhaps the crashing is related to MSFT Windows shenanigans, perhaps you could try a FRESH INSTALL of Windows 10 - A fresh install and a reset are two VERY differen things.
Also if you are running Windows 11, don't. It's a beta software, fall back to Windows 10.

The error that you are getting is generally related to the GPU drivers either being reset while the card is in use, or the GPU coming out of the socket while in use. See if you can find any Events in the Event Viewer that corelate with either of those two.

If you can't find anything, try to reslot your GPU and make sure it's in securly.

If you have another system, I would recommend trying it there, or atleast try it in another PCIE slot on your own motherboard.

The Big UwU - Wise Words
1. PSU Wattage =/= PSU Quality
80+ Certification doesn't mean shit.
2. Don't cheap out on the heart of your system.

"B-b-but it was 20$ @ 800w, it was a steal!!" - An idiot with a dead PC.
3. Do not buy for brand, buy for the product.

Every company makes their fair line of garbage.

Essential Buying Guides:
PSU
CPU Cooler
SSD (Outdated)

On 9/22/2021 at 11:35 PM, Jorban said:

Completely unrelated to your GPU issue, but your ram is trash.
Not only has it been known to not reach the rated speeds that it's been sold for, but you only have 8GB of it in a Tomahawk Max motherboard paired with a 3600...
If you're running a 1x8GB set, please seek out a 2x8GB kit, and atleast have it's ratings for 3200CL16 - however pairing it with 3600CL16 will net you the most performance.

As for the the GPU issue, run MemTest86 and see if you get any errors with that. Also run OCCT's GPU/CPU testing and see if you are thrown any errors with either of those.
Perhaps the crashing is related to MSFT Windows shenanigans, perhaps you could try a FRESH INSTALL of Windows 10 - A fresh install and a reset are two VERY differen things.
Also if you are running Windows 11, don't. It's a beta software, fall back to Windows 10.

The error that you are getting is generally related to the GPU drivers either being reset while the card is in use, or the GPU coming out of the socket while in use. See if you can find any Events in the Event Viewer that corelate with either of those two.

If you can't find anything, try to reslot your GPU and make sure it's in securly.

If you have another system, I would recommend trying it there, or atleast try it in another PCIE slot on your own motherboard.

Sorry for the late reply

I've taken a look through your response and I think RAM might be my next port of call, although i'll have to say that I messed up on the original post, I actually do have 2x8 but it is Corsair Vengeance so I may still look at getting some higher quality.
I was wondering if you could send over a few ideas of what to look for as I'm not really an expert when it comes to this kind of stuff.

I also ran MemTest86 with nothing come up and have previously done a fresh install of Windows with no luck (It's an old copy paste of my forum posts that no one found an answer to so some info is old but I'll try to change as much as I can). Don't really fancy doing another Windows fresh install unless it's super necessary because backing up and reinstalling takes a long time and I really need my computer for school work.

Also thought I would test games again to see if they still crash so started up Red Dead 2, played for 5 mins then the same crash happened again but this time I had up Afterburner and Task manager to keep an eye on things so was wondering if you or someone else could possibly take a look at that? I managed to snag a screenshot right as the game crashed. (Image attached)

Again I really appreciate you trying to help and I think i'll upgrade my RAM when I actually get the money to and see what that does, it can always go back and I can wait to just get a new GPU, just really don't want to get a new GPU for hundreds when it might not even be necessary.

Many Thanks

image.png

Edited by Raaxby
Added info + grammar

On 9/28/2021 at 2:52 PM, Raaxby said:

Sorry for the late reply

I've taken a look through your response and I think RAM might be my next port of call, although i'll have to say that I messed up on the original post, I actually do have 2x8 but it is Corsair Vengeance so I may still look at getting some higher quality.
I was wondering if you could send over a few ideas of what to look for as I'm not really an expert when it comes to this kind of stuff.

I also ran MemTest86 with nothing come up and have previously done a fresh install of Windows with no luck (It's an old copy paste of my forum posts that no one found an answer to so some info is old but I'll try to change as much as I can). Don't really fancy doing another Windows fresh install unless it's super necessary because backing up and reinstalling takes a long time and I really need my computer for school work.

Also thought I would test games again to see if they still crash so started up Red Dead 2, played for 5 mins then the same crash happened again but this time I had up Afterburner and Task manager to keep an eye on things so was wondering if you or someone else could possibly take a look at that? I managed to snag a screenshot right as the game crashed. (Image attached)

Again I really appreciate you trying to help and I think i'll upgrade my RAM when I actually get the money to and see what that does, it can always go back and I can wait to just get a new GPU, just really don't want to get a new GPU for hundreds when it might not even be necessary.

Many Thanks

image.png

There's not really any information here for me to point out "that's the crash"
however your ram is running 2133, and I am assuming that you paid for much higher speeds than that.
make sure your ram is in the right confguration
make sure the cpu has enough cooling (temps below 95c)
make sure that youre completely up to date with windows, including feature updates.

The Big UwU - Wise Words

Essential Buying Guides:
PSU
CPU Cooler
SSD (Outdated)

On 9/30/2021 at 7:50 PM, Jorban said:

There's not really any information here for me to point out "that's the crash"
however your ram is running 2133, and I am assuming that you paid for much higher speeds than that.
make sure your ram is in the right confguration
make sure the cpu has enough cooling (temps below 95c)
make sure that youre completely up to date with windows, including feature updates.

I'm not too confident with ram, i bought 2400mhz at 14 clock speed so maybe that isn't great. I reckon I will upgrade ram before gpu as its a lot cheaper anyway

19 hours ago, Raaxby said:

I'm not too confident with ram, i bought 2400mhz at 14 clock speed so maybe that isn't great. I reckon I will upgrade ram before gpu as its a lot cheaper anyway

2400 on Ryzen is very lack luster.
Look into a set of Crucal Balistics 3600CL16 - it's a good set of memory that has been known to actually reach it's rated speeds and be worth while for farther overclocking.

The Big UwU - Wise Words

Essential Buying Guides:
PSU
CPU Cooler
SSD (Outdated)

21 hours ago, Jorban said:

Look into a set of Crucal Balistics 3600CL16 - it's a good set of memory that has been known to actually reach it's rated speeds and be worth while for farther overclocking.

Thanks for the help man, I was looking at 3000+ to be fair, seems to be the way to go. Thanks a bunch

On 10/3/2021 at 8:02 PM, Jorban said:

Bought a set of 2x8 3600 16CL Crucial's and it hasn't seemed to change anything, still the same errors. Any ideas?