Wireless Charging

Khraft
Go to solution Solved by LAwLz,

I know you've already ordered one OP but for anyone else reading the topic, all you need is a Qi compatible charger and it will work just fine. Some chargers are better than others though, for example the official Nexus wireless charger has magnets in it so that the phone automatically aligns itself correctly.

So I just got my very first phone (Nexus 5) today and I learned that it supports wireless charging! Linus has mentioned that you can find cheap wireless chargers on the wan show a few times, where can I find them? ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Also would like it to stand upright while charging, unless those ones aren't cheap. ಠ_ಠ

Personally i dont trust wireless charging because the way i see it there is no way that the power is nice and clean its probably full of ripple and voltage fluctuations so for me its always going to be the good old USB port on my PC.

Personally i dont trust wireless charging because the way i see it there is no way that the power is nice and clean its probably full of ripple and voltage fluctuations so for me its always going to be the good old USB port on my PC.

Your PC's output voltage is also full of ripples and fluctuations. Bam.

Hmm but I'm pretty sure i remember you saying something about how the voltage is regulated to a very tight spec by the PSU, usb controllers and whatever else is in the system but maybe I'm wrong. The only thing i can say is everyone i know charges there phones off wall chargers and i use USB and I have yet to have a phone with a battery issue.

My PC used to drain my phones battery (software apparently fixes it ಠ_ಠ)  and thats what killed my first Nexus 4.

Edit: Nope still does it =\

The wireless charger I have is way too slow, compared to the wall charger; but its more convenient I guess.

Edited by yuh25

3700x, Asus B450i, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB, Gigabyte GTX 970 ITXDan A4-SFX, SX600-G, 120mm AIO.

Hmm but I'm pretty sure i remember you saying something about how the voltage is regulated to a very tight spec by the PSU, usb controllers and whatever else is in the system but maybe I'm wrong. The only thing i can say is everyone i know charges there phones off wall chargers and i use USB and I have yet to have a phone with a battery issue.

We learn over time.

Anyway, it's better than a knockoff charger for sure, but it's not amazing or anything - especially if you have other devices drawing a bunch of power from USB.

BTW here's a Fast As Possible on wireless charging that's coming later:

Just uploaded, so it might not be available yet.

We learn over time.

Anyway, it's better than a knockoff charger for sure, but it's not amazing or anything - especially if you have other devices drawing a bunch of power from USB.

Works for me. Awesome episode of tech quick. Been using wireless charging now for over a year and its awesome.

We learn over time.

Great video Linus, thanks!

We learn over time.

At least you come forward and said that you where wrong most people would have said nothing. Either way i'm still going to use my USB port because its more convenient for me.

The man himself replied to my topic. ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Ended up ordering this one: http://www.amazon.com/PowerBot%C2%AE-Compatible-Including-Smartphones-Receivers/dp/B00F6SPYJS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1397031950&sr=8-1&keywords=qi+charger

< $20 and lots of detailed reviews on it. Fufilled by Amazon too so I can return it if need be.  Can't wait for the convenience pad to arrive! ╰( ^ ㅂ ^)╯

fairly sure batteries in phones dont give a crap anywho

I know you've already ordered one OP but for anyone else reading the topic, all you need is a Qi compatible charger and it will work just fine. Some chargers are better than others though, for example the official Nexus wireless charger has magnets in it so that the phone automatically aligns itself correctly.

terrible because u probably can't do it through a  case and they will add it but some people are to stupid to know what it is. Also u add something, u have to take away something

apple.com

terrible because u probably can't do it through a  case and they will add it but some people are to stupid to know what it is. Also u add something, u have to take away something

I can barely understand what you are saying.

What will they add it to? What makes you think people are too stupid to know what it is? Oh and you can add something without having to take something away.

In OP's case, he already has a phone that supports wireless charging. He was just asking which charger to get.

I can barely understand what you are saying.

What will they add it to? What makes you think people are too stupid to know what it is? Oh and you can add something without having to take something away.

In OP's case, he already has a phone that supports wireless charging. He was just asking which charger to get.

sorry

apple.com

The only one that I have used is the Nokia Fatboy, and I still have it lying around. I should probably start using it again. It's a great wireless charger. If you look around hard enough, you can usually find one for around or under $30 used.

COMIC SANS

• 2 weeks later...

The man himself replied to my topic. ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Ended up ordering this one: http://www.amazon.com/PowerBot%C2%AE-Compatible-Including-Smartphones-Receivers/dp/B00F6SPYJS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1397031950&sr=8-1&keywords=qi+charger

< $20 and lots of detailed reviews on it. Fufilled by Amazon too so I can return it if need be.  Can't wait for the convenience pad to arrive! ╰( ^ ㅂ ^)╯

How is it for now?

How is it for now?

You put your phone on the pad and it charges. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No really it actually is pretty great.  Build quality is excellent and it seems to charge slightly faster than with a cable (although I haven't done any real comparisons with it.)  Now I'd like to look into making my phone launch some applications when it starts charging.

You put your phone on the pad and it charges. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No really it actually is pretty great.  Build quality is excellent and it seems to charge slightly faster than with a cable (although I haven't done any real comparisons with it.)  Now I'd like to look into making my phone launch some applications when it starts charging.

Nice men! Thanks for the little review probably gonna buy one soon!