Searching for the best file sync tools to use with a NAS

clearbluelou

I have a new Synology DS720+ that I want to use for both system image backups and two-way file sync.  Scheduled backups are working great with the Synology "Active Backup" software.  However, they don't provide file sync software.  The Package Center offers GoodSync and Resilio Sync.  I've tried both but can't get a good sense of the features using the free versions and I don't want to pay for one until I know if it will meet my needs and perform well.  I've also tried AOMEI, ShadowCopy, FreeFileSync, PureSync, and others but the free versions are all neutered to the point that I can't set them up how I want without paying.  I'm so frustrated that I'm tempted to just do it with scheduled robocopy or rsync jobs but I really would prefer a nice friendly interface.  What do you like?  My key requirements are:

• Windows-based, easy-to-use UI
  • Two-way sync with configurable conflict resolution
  • Multi-folder configuration so I can set up one-to-one relationships between source and destination
  • Automatic two-way removal - deleted folder on Windows PC removes folder on NAS and vice versa
  • No stupid temp files that get orphaned and fill up the NAS
  • Multi-user support
  • Runs as a Windows service, not a scheduled task, so it can automatically and instantly update when files and folders get created, deleted, changed

I use a mix of FreeFileSync, SyncBack and syncthing for my various purposes.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

8 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

I use a mix of FreeFileSync, SyncBack and syncthing for my various purposes.

Can vouch for FreeFileSync too, though I mostly use the RealTimeSync part of it for syncing between multiple pcs and a server.

Thanks for the replies.  I eventually figured out that Synology does provide a tool in the package manager.  I don't know why it doesn't come up when you search for 'sync' but the Synology Drive software is meeting all of my needs.