Is a cv550w good enough?

uzdlebron

Hi

I just bought a corsair cv550 since it was on sale but after reading reviews it seems like it might not have been a good idea. Currently I have a a12-9800 which I'm pretty sure the psu can handle but if I wanted to upgrade to a 2600 and a 1650 then would the psu be able to handle it?

Thanks

Yeah that is more than enough for a 1650 and 2600

4 minutes ago, uzdlebron said:

Hi

I just bought a corsair cv550 since it was on sale but after reading reviews it seems like it might not have been a good idea. Currently I have a a12-9800 which I'm pretty sure the psu can handle but if I wanted to upgrade to a 2600 and a 1650 then would the psu be able to handle it?

Thanks

The wattage is suitable.

While the PSU isn't very robust, I wouldn't worry. A Ryzen 5 and a 1650 are not very demanding.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

44 minutes ago, uzdlebron said:

Hi

Thanks

Yeah, get a 3600 instead though, they cost almost the same and the 3600 is better.

13 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

The wattage is suitable.

While the PSU isn't very robust, I wouldn't worry. A Ryzen 5 and a 1650 are not very demanding.

Hi

It will last a few years atleast correct? Atleast around 2 to 3 years. Cause I've seen some really bad reviews about it thats why I'm asking. 

Thanks

45 minutes ago, uzdlebron said:

Hi

It will last a few years atleast correct? Atleast around 2 to 3 years. Cause I've seen some really bad reviews about it thats why I'm asking. 

Thanks

Again, the Ryzen 5 2600 and GTX 1650 are not super demanding components. Don't expect the CV550 to burst into flames on you.

However, if you are interested in a better power supply so that you can upgrade more in the future, and to give yourself peace of mind, check out the PSU tier list and grab a B tier unit at least.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

22 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Again, the Ryzen 5 2600 and GTX 1650 are not super demanding components. Don't expect the CV550 to burst into flames on you.

However, if you are interested in a better power supply so that you can upgrade more in the future, and to give yourself peace of mind, check out the PSU tier list and grab a B tier unit at least.

Ok thanks