Dual 144Hz 27inch 1080p or Single 32Inch Curved 1440p 165Hz

helgardp

Hi Everyone, 

My current monitor is starting to give me issues. I use an Asus pg278q. On 144Hz is flickering real bad and the left side of the screen the text(Especially black text) look pixelated. 

So if tried everything, switched GPU's, switched cables, switched PSU for the monitor, tried different drivers etc. The problem seems to stick. So now I am looking at replacing that monitor.

I am tied between two choices as mentioned above, I do a mixture of gaming and work on my PC, 9900k and GTX1080. I am stuck between going with 2 x 27inch 144Hz panels or just 1 x 32 Inch curved monitor at 1440p 165Hz. 

Can you guys please provide opinions and inside? I think my 1080 will push 144 on high settings at 1080 and that is making me lean more toward the 27inch options and the dual screens will help with productivity as well. But I have no idea what direction. Please assist??

2 minutes ago, helgardp said:

Please assist??

It depends... Do you want to have a music playlist or browser besides a full screen game? Then pick 2 monitors. 

If not, dont. 

Personally I picked a single 27 inch 1440p monitor. A big screen with no gap is nice if you dont need something beside full screen games. 

My build:

CPU

Intel Core i7 9700 8x 3.00GHz So.1151

CPU cooler

be quiet! Shadow Rock Slim

Motherboard

MSI B360-A PRO Intel B360 So.1151 Dual Channel DDR4 ATX

RAM

16GB (4x 4096MB) HyperX FURY black DDR4-2666

GPU

8GB Gigabyte GeForce RTX2070 WindForce 2X 3xDP/HDMI

SSD

500GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 2280

HDD

4000GB WD Red WD40EFRX Intellipower 64MB 3.5" (8.9cm) SATA 6Gb/s

Power Supply

bequiet! Straight Power 750W Platinum

Case

Fractal Design Define R6
3x bequiet! Silent Wings 3 PWM

First and foremost I would say there is no reason to get 2 identical 144hz monitors. Ideally I would have a gaming monitor and a content consumption monitor like maybe a nice big 4k monitor or something. As for productivity I would say yeah 2 separate screens generally is better for most people so I would lean to 2 separate monitors. 

Thanks guys, to be honest no specific reason for the two identical displays other that aesthetically looking cleaner in my setup. I would prefer the same resolution as that would be something that triggered me personally. But I will definitely have a look at the cost comparison between a 1440p high refresh rate monitor and a regular 27 inch

9 hours ago, helgardp said:

Thanks guys, to be honest no specific reason for the two identical displays other that aesthetically looking cleaner in my setup. I would prefer the same resolution as that would be something that triggered me personally. But I will definitely have a look at the cost comparison between a 1440p high refresh rate monitor and a regular 27 inch

I guess if you are really concerned about mismatching monitors then yeah getting identical ones could make things easier. I personally could care less if my monitors look identical as I am more of a function over form type of person and I currently run a 25inch 360hz monitor for gaming and a 27inch 4k monitor for watching videos and such.