Connector question

Rainbrew
Go to solution Solved by Oshino Shinobu,

It's not very well labelled, but the peripherals & SATA are the all the 6 pin ones and PCIe & CPU are the 8 pin ones. The 8 pins on the left of the PCIe & CPU label are for the PCIe & CPU. You physically cannot plug in one of the PCIe cables into the SATA connector ones on the PSU end. 

Hello, so I'm redoing my cable management and I decided to plug in the 4 pin connector for the 8+4 pin CPU power delivery (i only used the 8 pin before). I need an additional 8 pin for my GPU and I'm unsure if I can use the 8 pins labelled "peripheral & SATA" on my rm750x. Pic for reference, thanks.

20210917_235150_HDR.jpg

It's not very well labelled, but the peripherals & SATA are the all the 6 pin ones and PCIe & CPU are the 8 pin ones. The 8 pins on the left of the PCIe & CPU label are for the PCIe & CPU. You physically cannot plug in one of the PCIe cables into the SATA connector ones on the PSU end. 

2 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

That explains it, I was wondering why a 750w PSU only has 16 pins out. The label really does suck. Thank you!

I don't know why Corsair hasn't made this clearer. This has been confusing new people for years.