Looking for a MoBo and CPU suiting a RTX2080

Salicyl

Budget (including currency): ~1000USD, preferably less

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: modern titles such as CoD Warzone etc.

Other details: I already have a RTX2080 and a 750W PSU, as well as storage and am mainly looking for a fitting MoBo and CPU, RAM is optional as Im fairly sure I can get some decent RAM in a store nearby. Maybe it would be nice if the MoBo had a slot for an NVME SSD. A fitting Air Cooler would also be appreciated. And Id prefer the CPU to be from team red (AMD). The CPU doesnt have to be "top of the line" but Id appreciate it if the MoBo left room for upgrades in the future.

The background is: My sister purchased a prebuilt PC without talking to me first and got a (IMO) very low quality build for her 800€ spent. Im talking 1 stick of 8Gb RAM, a GTX670, a Ryzen 3 1200 and an ASUS EX-a320M-Gaming MoBo, as well as the cheapest fans I have ever seen. So I wanna be a good brother and give her my "old" PSU and GPU as well as a basically entirely new PC that can handle Minecraft at 1080p with more than 30FPS max.

Thanks in advance 🙂

30 minutes ago, Salicyl said:

Im talking 1 stick of 8Gb RAM, a GTX670, a Ryzen 3 1200 and an ASUS EX-a320M-Gaming MoBo, as well as the cheapest fans I have ever seen

Oooof, id be pretty pissed if a family member really got ripped off hard like that

tbh if you just need it to handle minecraft you dont really need to give your old gpu (unless you have no use for it anymore)

btw what is your old gpu and psu specs?

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/9tL6Cz

Maybe something like this?

Since most b560 dont ignore intels stupid tdp limit youll have to do this so your cpu doesnt throttle cause some stupid tdp limit

Short tdp limit yeet tutorial to make your cpu boost as much as it wants

download throttlestop, pressing the turn on button, going into the tpl menu, set turbo long, short, and pp0 current to 99999 and shove the sliders all the way to the right, clamp, lock, apply, power limits yeeted

Otherwise you are saving ~100€ by going intel since the 5600x is ~100€ more than a 10400f

I mean, my sister plays more than Minecraft (at least she would like to, if her PC could handle it) and I dont use my RTX2080 anymore as I upgraded to a 3080. I dont remember the specs of the PSU apart from it being 750W, and I already gave and installed both in her current rig, but not it keeps crashing every now and again, which I suspect is due to overheating issues, since the 2080 runs at around 70-80°C and her two tiny cheapo-fans probably cant cool the machine enough, so I decided to just build her a new rig with good performance for most modern AAA titles.

I'd go with something like this:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-10700F 2.9 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($259.99 @ Adorama) 
CPU Cooler: Scythe Mugen 5 Black Edition 66.47 CFM CPU Cooler  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI MAG B560 TOMAHAWK WIFI ATX LGA1200 Motherboard  ($179.99 @ Walmart) 
Memory: Team T-FORCE DARK Za 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory  ($119.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Silicon Power A80 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($214.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: be quiet! Pure Base 500DX ATX Mid Tower Case  ($99.90 @ Newegg Sellers) 
Total: $934.85
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-09-16 15:41 EDT-0400

I tried to go with "I don't wanna care too much" approach. Since you are aiming for AAA games, I would recommend 8 cores to be safe. You could go more, but who really knows when games will actually use more cores. I lean to 32 GB of ram cause I find minecraft can use a bunch of ram if you increase that chunk render distance XD. I play with mods though so that can be the reason. 2TB ssd so you can install multiple games without doing the storage shuffle.

The RTX 2080 is still a capable GPU for 1080p and you can easily stick it into the build I recommended. There shouldn't be any major bottlenecks.