Ryzen 7 1700 or Ryzen 5 3600 for Overall productivity?

Okay guys I am actually debating which of the two processors I am going to get for overall productivity work. I do photo editing, video editing and exporting, and whole ton of class related works.I am also looking for cheap xeon processors (sandy bridge 2nd generation intel). I am also considering buying USED PRICES. And the 8 core 16 threads of the r7 1700 is very attractive with the things I want to do. But most people say that r5 3600 is the bang for the buck. But the thing is "I DONT DO GAMING OR STREAMING". Please help me out here.

How much are you willing to spend? 

The 3600x is a better allrounder, you get 2 less cores, 4 less threads, but you get much faster single core.

Id suggest trying to get a 3700x, best of both worlds

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

How much are you willing to spend? 

The 3600x is a better allrounder, you get 2 less cores, 4 less threads, but you get much faster single core.

Id suggest trying to get a 3700x, best of both worlds

Around 8000 pesos ($160). I was looking for used prices. I did find a xeon e3 1220 for 1000 pesos ($20)!! Should I get it?

1 minute ago, zwalter said:

Around 8000 pesos ($160). I was looking for used prices. I did find a xeon e3 1220 for 1000 pesos ($20)!! Should I get it?

thats no where near to the preformance of a 3600x ot 1700x, the 1700x has 2x the cores and 4x the threads, plus has boards being made for it now, those boards are going to be expensive.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

thats no where near to the preformance of a 3600x ot 1700x, the 1700x has 2x the cores and 4x the threads, plus has boards being made for it now, those boards are going to be expensive.

Well I agree, What do you suggest tho, Between the r7 1700 and r5 3600 for productivity work?

6 minutes ago, zwalter said:

Well I agree, What do you suggest tho, Between the r7 1700 and r5 3600 for productivity work?

The two are very similar, but the 3600 is probably going to be faster. The actual applications benefit more from single core performance, as do some operations, especially for photo editing. So with the 3600, you get similar multicore performance for rendering, but also have the benefits of better application performance.

I would absolutely not buy first gen Ryzen if you have an option for Zen2

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x