Screen goes black, win still running

Cookiey

Hello.

So I have just installed my RTX 3080 card, finally. But now i have a strange problem..

Sometimes the screen goes black for no reason, cant do shit and have to do a restart of the computer.

Did a bit of research and saw that people have the same problem, after or while watching youtube videos for some reason, and changed the speed for auto to pci gen 3 in the bios.

Have done this with zero result so far...

Anyone else knows what is going on?

Specs :

Palit RTX 3080 Gamerock

Asus Z270F 

Corsair 750W ( Old ) 

Update ! 
Went trough event viewer and found this :

" Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered. " 

Anyone ?

3 minutes ago, Cookiey said:

Update ! 
Went trough event viewer and found this :

" Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered. " 

Anyone ?

Reinstall GPU drivers using DDU tool.

If you are on the newest driver version now, try an older version as newest ones sometimes are not stable for a while after release.

GPU : RTX 3070 Gaming X TRIO | CPU : Ryzen 5 7600 \ COOLER : Deepcool AK620 | MOBO : ASUS TUF Gaming B650 Plus | RAM : Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 16GBx2 6200 MHz \ Storage : Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 1TB \ PSU : Corsair TX750M | CASE : Be Quite! Pure Base 500DX Black

2 minutes ago, DontBeSillyWrapYourWilly said:

Reinstall GPU drivers using DDU tool.

If you are on the newest driver version now, try an older version as newest ones sometimes are not stable for a while after release.

Try the driver before the one i have then?

10 minutes ago, Cookiey said:

Try the driver before the one i have then?

If you are on the latest one now - yes .

By the way , If you havent done a clean driver reinstall after swapping a new card this is a good place to start anyway.

GPU : RTX 3070 Gaming X TRIO | CPU : Ryzen 5 7600 \ COOLER : Deepcool AK620 | MOBO : ASUS TUF Gaming B650 Plus | RAM : Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 16GBx2 6200 MHz \ Storage : Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 1TB \ PSU : Corsair TX750M | CASE : Be Quite! Pure Base 500DX Black

Looks like installing the second latest driver was the solution. Have been working fine now, and same tip i got from nVidia support.

Thanks for the help!

Glad i could help 🙂