My first budget-gaming PC build plan: Will it work fine?

Woj

I plan to finally build my first gaming PC, I want to make it a balanced build between budget and performance. I don't mind upgrading it later on if I need it. I plan to use one 120Hz 1440p monitor, maybe second one in the future. I already own a case, 550W power supply and a mouse.

Budget: ~2500PLN / ~620 USD (not including peripherals)

List of components:

- AMD Ryzen 5 1600 AF         - picked it because its performing well for it's price and friends recommended me it
- Gigabyte B450M DS3H        - cheap and seems great for planned parts, 4 RAM slots are important
- GTX 1060 6GB
- RAM GOODRAM (1x16GB) 3600MHz CL18 IRDM PRO Deep Black      - for now one stick, I'll add more in the future
- SSD Kingston 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe A2000                   - pretty cheap and fast, I need at least 1000GB and I want to use the M.2 slot

- Air cooling, not sure which one yet

= 2501zł (not including cooling)

I'd like to know if this is a more-or-less good plan and if possible, to get some advice which component to change eventually. Thanks :3

Yea, it seems pretty solid, minuus the RAM, better go with 2x8 as the comment above me suggested

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

Agree with using a 2x8 instead of one 16 gig stick. Although have fun trying a 1060 for a reasonable price. You might want to try and muster a bit more money to try and get a more available graphics card.

Don't sleep on sleeper PCs

4 minutes ago, BeastyB314 said:

Agree with using a 2x8 instead of one 16 gig stick. Although have fun trying a 1060 for a reasonable price. You might want to try and muster a bit more money to try and get a more available graphics card.

Wdym by "more available"?

8 minutes ago, Woj said:

Wdym by "more available"?

Like a 3060 or a 6600 XT which you can find at more retail prices (also sold by retailers). It just might take a bit more time and effort. If you want an easy way to track stock, I would highly recommend Fixitfixitfixit's discord: https://discord.com/invite/gpu

Don't sleep on sleeper PCs

1 hour ago, Marcos1121231234 said:

I'd go with a 2x8 ram kit

Yeah, I thought about that at first, but since I plan to add more of these sticks in the future i thought about using the 16GB ones

and is there a big difference between 2x8 and 1x16gb ram sticks?

Meh

1st and 2nd gen perform like crap, just go for 10th gen intel, maybe an i5 10400f, itll prob obliterate a 1600 af whilse being at a similar price