COMPUTER DEAD … PSU???

WubbaLubbaDubDub

Hey guys,

I am literally dying to know what has happened to my computer. I got a new PSU because the 3090 was apparently having issues with my old one. My old PSU was the EVGA G2 850 80 gold +. And so I got a new Seasonic Focus Gx-1000. All I did was swap the PSU and tried to turn it on. It didn’t light so I started looking up reviews and recently a couple people said the PSU came DOA. So I said “ah man this sucks” and swapped it back.

Now here is the issue, my old PSU isn’t working anymore. It was work right before I did the PSU swap and everything else is exactly the same. So I have no idea what is going on and I would really appreciate some help.

Did you use the cables from the old EVGA power supply, or did you use the Seasonic unit's cables when you installed it?

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

16 minutes ago, WubbaLubbaDubDub said:

Hey guys,

I am literally dying to know what has happened to my computer. I got a new PSU because the 3090 was apparently having issues with my old one. My old PSU was the EVGA G2 850 80 gold +. And so I got a new Seasonic Focus Gx-1000. All I did was swap the PSU and tried to turn it on. It didn’t light so I started looking up reviews and recently a couple people said the PSU came DOA. So I said “ah man this sucks” and swapped it back.

Now here is the issue, my old PSU isn’t working anymore. It was work right before I did the PSU swap and everything else is exactly the same. So I have no idea what is going on and I would really appreciate some help.

Just out of curiosity, did you reuse your old PSU cables or did you swap all the old cables for the new ones?  

If you used your old EVGA cables with the new seasonic, you might have just fried your system.

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop