Recommendations for a wireless controller

m16ali
Go to solution Solved by Middcore,

XB controller with the USB 2.4ghz wireless receiver is $80 on Amazon, just fits in your budget. https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Xbox-Wireless-Controller-Adapter-Windows/dp/B08K2C3HVG/

Hello!

I'm looking to get a wireless controller for some PC games and wanted to see if there might be any good recommendations. I currently have my mind set on this Logitech controller, but I don't like its layout. Here are some of the important features I'm looking for:

• Needs to be wireless, preferably having a USB receiver rather than Bluetooth.
  • Xbox controller layout.
  • Prefer a swappable AA or AAA battery instead of rechargeable ones, but that's not a deal breaker.
  • Affordable (~$50-80).

Any ideas? Thanks.

4 minutes ago, m16ali said:

Xbox controller layout.

Why not get an Xbox controller? It fits your criteria and will have the best compatibility.

1 minute ago, The_russian said:

Why not get an Xbox controller? It fits your criteria and will have the best compatibility.

Doesn't it connect via Bluetooth? I have experienced issues with latency while gaming when using Bluetooth peripherals before.

4 minutes ago, m16ali said:

Doesn't it connect via Bluetooth? I have experienced issues with latency while gaming when using Bluetooth peripherals before.

What bluetooth adapter are you using? I've only ever had issues with those <10$ crappy usb adapters

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

7 minutes ago, m16ali said:

As said above most Bluetooth adapters will work fine, but there is also a USB adapter you can use instead of Bluetooth: 

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/accessories/adapters/wireless-adapter-windows

XB controller with the USB 2.4ghz wireless receiver is $80 on Amazon, just fits in your budget. https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Xbox-Wireless-Controller-Adapter-Windows/dp/B08K2C3HVG/

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Why does it have to be wireless? The cable doesn't bother at all. Just get an Xbox controller and a USB-C cable, everything else is inferior.

Ryzen 5 2600X / ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 / G.Skill RIPJAWS V 16GB (2X8) 3000Mhz CL15 / Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super Gaming 8GB OC / Corsair RM650X 2018 / Crucial BX500 240GB / Seagate Barracauda 2TB 7200RPM Cooler Master MasterBox E500L /  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27WQ // Rog Orion / Corsair Harpoon RGB Pro / Cooler Master MasterKeys Lite L / Xbox One Red Sport  Special Edition Controller for Windows

13 minutes ago, DSD27 said:

Why does it have to be wireless?

Because he wants it to be. That's all the reason needed.

13 minutes ago, DSD27 said:

The cable doesn't bother at all.

Maybe not to you, but maybe it does to him. I also much prefer wireless. 

When people ask for recommendations based on their personal subjective preferences, it doesn't help to tell them their personal subjective preferences are wrong and they should adopt yours instead. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

38 minutes ago, Slottr said:

What bluetooth adapter are you using? I've only ever had issues with those <10$ crappy usb adapters

I do admittedly have a cheap set of Bluetooth earphones so it's prolly more on them than Bluetooth that I had latency issues when gaming, but I have always heard it there's more latency with a Bluetooth connection compared to something that makes use of a USB receiver. For example I have G603 mouse and I don't see anyone using Bluetooth while gaming.

47 minutes ago, DSD27 said:

Why does it have to be wireless? The cable doesn't bother at all. Just get an Xbox controller and a USB-C cable, everything else is inferior.

I like to play games on a laptop in bed, so I don't like wires.

17 minutes ago, m16ali said:

I do admittedly have a cheap set of Bluetooth earphones so it's prolly more on them than Bluetooth that I had latency issues when gaming, but I have always heard it there's more latency with a Bluetooth connection compared to something that makes use of a USB receiver. For example I have G603 mouse and I don't see anyone using Bluetooth while gaming.

All consoles use bluetooth for connection - I've always used a ps4 controller over BT and have never had an issue. I play a shit load of rocket league

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

8 hours ago, Middcore said:

Because he wants it to be. That's all the reason needed.

Maybe not to you, but maybe it does to him. I also much prefer wireless. 

When people ask for recommendations based on their personal subjective preferences, it doesn't help to tell them their personal subjective preferences are wrong and they should adopt yours instead. 

Doesn't hurt to give advice, that's what forums are for.

Ryzen 5 2600X / ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 / G.Skill RIPJAWS V 16GB (2X8) 3000Mhz CL15 / Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super Gaming 8GB OC / Corsair RM650X 2018 / Crucial BX500 240GB / Seagate Barracauda 2TB 7200RPM Cooler Master MasterBox E500L /  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27WQ // Rog Orion / Corsair Harpoon RGB Pro / Cooler Master MasterKeys Lite L / Xbox One Red Sport  Special Edition Controller for Windows

• 2 weeks later...

I have some GameSir controllers for my RetroPie.  Might look into that brand.