High Refresh Rate DP to HDMI adaptors @ 1080p

Go to solution Solved by Glenwing,
9 minutes ago, BiggieBagelz said:

Hello all, I am having a bit of trouble with my displays. I have two Scepter M25s and an RTX 3060Ti, but my GPU only has 1 HDMI output. In the past I have run both displays off of DP, but with DP my monitors decided to randomly go black before popping back to life. They repeatedly would do this until I unplugged the DP cable from the monitor and plugged it back in. Everything at that point would usually work fine for a day or two or until I restarted my machine.

This frustrated the crap out of me so I switched one monitor to HDMI and have the other is connected to HDMI via a DP to HDMI adaptor: no issues with blacking out.

This brings me to my problem. My monitor that is connected via the converter is limited to 60Hz when I know the cable and monitor both support 1080p at 144Hz on HDMI. What can I do to run my second display at a full 144Hz? I think I need a better adaptor, but many do not say what refresh rates they support on the box or in marketing materials, and its not as simple as looking for the spec of the cable.

Can someone pleas provide me some recommendations on adaptors or teach me how to identify the product I need?

Thanks in advance,

Tim

Please refer to the product recommendations in the pinned thread: https://linustechtips.com/topic/729232-guide-to-display-cables-adapters-v2/?output=DP&input=HDMI

Hello all, I am having a bit of trouble with my displays. I have two Scepter M25s and an RTX 3060Ti, but my GPU only has 1 HDMI output. In the past I have run both displays off of DP, but with DP my monitors decided to randomly go black before popping back to life. They repeatedly would do this until I unplugged the DP cable from the monitor and plugged it back in. Everything at that point would usually work fine for a day or two or until I restarted my machine.

This frustrated the crap out of me so I switched one monitor to HDMI and have the other is connected to HDMI via a DP to HDMI adaptor: no issues with blacking out.

This brings me to my problem. My monitor that is connected via the converter is limited to 60Hz when I know the cable and monitor both support 1080p at 144Hz on HDMI. What can I do to run my second display at a full 144Hz? I think I need a better adaptor, but many do not say what refresh rates they support on the box or in marketing materials, and its not as simple as looking for the spec of the cable.

Can someone pleas provide me some recommendations on adaptors or teach me how to identify the product I need?

Thanks in advance,

Tim

9 minutes ago, BiggieBagelz said:

Thanks in advance,

Tim

Please refer to the product recommendations in the pinned thread: https://linustechtips.com/topic/729232-guide-to-display-cables-adapters-v2/?output=DP&input=HDMI