ryzen 5950x wont boot with 4 ram sticks, help please

Hi everyone, So i just bought a new ryzen 5950x cpu but it wont boot if i have 4 ram sticks installed and will only boot with 2 ram sticks installed in slot 1-2, if i plug the ram into slot 3-4 it wont boot up at all, the computer will power on and the fans will spin but nothing happens and once i unplug the rams out of slot 3-4 and only use either 1 or 2 or both 1 and 2 it works fine. 

I've test each ram stick individually and they all work fine.
When i put my old ryzen 3700x back in then i can run all 4 ram slots again and it works fine but it only happens when i have my 5950x installed.
If anyone has encountered this problem or know help to help that would be greatly appricated thanks. 

my setup is 

ryzen 5950x
msi x570 a pro mobo with updated bios - 7C37vHF1(Beta version)
64gig aegis ram 16gig sticks x 4
700watt psu 

have you got any overclocking enabled in the bios?  also what spec is the memory (speed, latency etc)

You could also try rolling back the bios if it lets you as it might be an issue with the beta bios.

1 minute ago, evilcloud said:

have you got any overclocking enabled in the bios?  also what spec is the memory (speed, latency etc)

You could also try rolling back the bios if it lets you as it might be an issue with the beta bios.

hi evilcloud, no overclocking the spec are rated for 3200mhz its currently running at the default 2133mhz or something, 
if i roll back to bios then i wont be able to use the ryzen 5950x since it wasnt able to boot with that cpu until i updated the bios to the latest one.

7 minutes ago, kei_ayanami said:

if i roll back to bios then i wont be able to use the ryzen 5950x since it wasnt able to boot with that cpu until i updated the bios to the latest one.

Any BIOS from this year should support Ryzen 5000 series, so 7C37vHE should theoretically work with that CPU

If you want me to answer, please use the quote function or tag me. I dont get notified unless you do

You have to clear the cmos every time when switching ram. Internal sub timings change quite a bit.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14

48 minutes ago, kei_ayanami said:

msi x570 a pro mobo with updated bios - 7C37vHF1(Beta version)

45 minutes ago, evilcloud said:

I agree here with this being a possible issue with the Beta BIOS. I would clear CMOS and install the latest non-Beta BIOS as this could be an issue with the Beta BIOS (It's Beta, so there can be issues to begin with and would never recommend flashing a Beta BIOS unless it has a patch/feature not found on the non-Beta BIOS.) 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

Asus had nothing but beta bios for my board for months.. some of them were awesome.

i see... ill download the bios just before the latest one thats the beta and see if that works

ok so i changed my bios to the 1 just before the latest one that was the beta version and still no luck... at this rate i'm considering just buying another 2 single 32gig ram sticks so i can still have my total 64gig of ram...... really annoyed since my $400 worth of 16gig sticks will now be useless...

• 1 month later...

@kei_ayanami Did you ever resolve this issue? I am having the same problem with my 5950X and 4 sticks of G.Skill 3600 CL14 RAM. With two sticks in the last two slots furthest from the CPU, it works at 3400 with DOCP. But with 4 sticks I get a DRAM error LED and it doesnt even POST.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2021 at 1:29 PM, JayD said:

@kei_ayanami Did you ever resolve this issue? I am having the same problem with my 5950X and 4 sticks of G.Skill 3600 CL14 RAM. With two sticks in the last two slots furthest from the CPU, it works at 3400 with DOCP. But with 4 sticks I get a DRAM error LED and it doesnt even POST.

Hey man sorry late reply, nah I never got it sorted I just settled for 32gigs and gave the other 32gig to my gf she's running my old 3700x which works fine with 64gigs of ram.

I think my only choice is to get rid of my 2x16gig and buy 2x32gig sticks of ram and only use 2 out of the 4 ram slots

On 11/7/2021 at 7:50 AM, kei_ayanami said:

Hey man sorry late reply, nah I never got it sorted I just settled for 32gigs and gave the other 32gig to my gf she's running my old 3700x which works fine with 64gigs of ram.

I think my only choice is to get rid of my 2x16gig and buy 2x32gig sticks of ram and only use 2 out of the 4 ram slots

I ended up getting another CPU and it worked for me.

Boom! Problem solved.

What CPU?

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/9/2021 at 9:54 AM, freeagent said:

Boom! Problem solved.

What CPU?

Both 5950X. When I was having issues with the first one not recognizing the memory, a friend lent me his 3000 series CPU, and it also worked instantly with all the memory at max speed. That's how I knew the first CPU was faulty.