PC black screening after trying to overclock cpu and adding more ram

So when I first got my new 2 sticks of ram my pc my pc kept black screening after a couple of minutes of signing into my pc. I spent hours trying to find the problem and found out it was because my cpu could only (handle?) 2 memory channels at 2933mhz. So after resetting my cmos I set my ram to 2933mhz in bios and it worked like normal. But the annoying part is that I seem to not be able to overclock my cpu anymore as I get the same problem of the black screen. I used to overlock it at 4.0ghz but now I guess i can't at all anymore. Any solutions or pointers because I really do want to oc my cpu.

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700 (non-x)

Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x8gb 3200mhz

Motherboard: MSI B550-A pro 

GPU: EVGA 2060 RTX

7 minutes ago, ChrisAlfa said:

Any solutions or pointers because I really do want to oc my cpu.

Well your PSU?

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

3200 c16+ can be achieved by many memory chips, so even though you got the same brand and model memory modules the chips on them may be different, and certain chips don't play with others well.
But things that could possibly help, soc voltage up to 1.2v, proc odt between 40 and 68.6

This guide may have useful information in the AMD sections https://github.com/integralfx/MemTestHelper/blob/oc-guide/DDR4 OC Guide.md

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

27 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Well your PSU?

Corsair VS 650. I feel like 650w is enough

6 minutes ago, Cyracus said:

3200 c16+ can be achieved by many memory chips, so even though you got the same brand and model memory modules the chips on them may be different, and certain chips don't play with others well.
But things that could possibly help, soc voltage up to 1.2v, proc odt between 40 and 68.6

This guide may have useful information in the AMD sections https://github.com/integralfx/MemTestHelper/blob/oc-guide/DDR4 OC Guide.md

Thank you will look into that tomorrow. I did find out about chips being different although they are the exact same model but I didn't know what to do about it

2 minutes ago, ChrisAlfa said:

Corsair VS 650. I feel like 650w is enough

the vs isn't the best by corsair, so the quality is low

Just now, Ankh Tech said:

the vs isn't the best by corsair, so the quality is low

Hmmm my psu hasn't given me problems but i guess with all the upgrading I might need to upgrade it too. Thanks

1 minute ago, ChrisAlfa said:

Hmmm my psu hasn't given me problems but i guess with all the upgrading I might need to upgrade it too. Thanks

an rm650x 2021 should suffice

2 minutes ago, Ankh Tech said:

Honestly might as well get bigger wattage for 3000 series card if your idea is to replace the PSU. Something like CX750 should be in the range of the RM650 lineup and packs more wattage with a far better quality compared to CV.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

27 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Honestly might as well get bigger wattage for 3000 series card if your idea is to replace the PSU. Something like CX750 should be in the range of the RM650 lineup and packs more wattage with a far better quality compared to CV.

30 minutes ago, Ankh Tech said:

But would it really be my PSU's fault? The only thing that happens is my monitor black screens and my mnk turn off. If it was my psu wouldn't the whole pc turn off?