Noctua NH-D15 + ThermalTake V200 Compatibility

Vampire21

PC Specs:-
Case: ThermalTake V200 ( CPU cooler height limitation: 160mm)
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270i (Mini itx)
CPU: Core i7 7700K
Current Cooler: Corsair H60
Cooler I wanna buy: Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Black ( https://noctua.at/en/nh-d15-chromax-black )
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) (Height according to amazon: 0.63 inch ~ 16mm) Model Number: F4-3200C16D-16GTZKW
GPU: GTX 1060 G1 GAMING
I was going to buy Noctua NH-D15 for my i7 7700K and while I was searching, I found that my case is not supported on noctua website (not enought CPU clearance). I did my calculations CPU Cooler Fan height + RAM height = 156mm (under 160mm). I think it should fit into my case with these calculations but I wanted to make sure it's totally compatible with my specs. I also saw someone on reddit typed that he has ThermalTake V200 and Noctua NH-D15S (the S version is the same size I think). I also attached a photo of my case box if you wanted to see more details about it. I asked the store if I can return back the cooler if it didn't fit into my case and they told me it's sealed and if you open the box and it won't be returned, so I better make sure it will fit into my case. Do you think it will fit?

IMG_20210907_170201.jpg

The CPU does need so top tier level cooler.  If you can fit the NH-D15 then go for it. I'd go for Scythe Fuma 2 though. Few (3?) degrees hotter perhaps, but does not block RAM slots.

I edit my posts more often than not

2 hours ago, Tan3l6 said:

The CPU does need so top tier level cooler.  If you can fit the NH-D15 then go for it. I'd go for Scythe Fuma 2 though. Few (3?) degrees hotter perhaps, but does not block RAM slots.

I can't find this cooler in Egypt stores. So, since most of good air coolers wouldn't fit into my case, can you pick the best AIO liquid  cooler that fits my i7 7700K out of these:-
NZXT Kraken X53 240mm , NZXT Kraken X63 280mm
Corsair iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT 240mm, Corsair iCUE H115i RGB PRO XT 280mm
Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240 Illusion 240mm
LianLi Galahad 240mm
Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing RGB 240

According to the Noctua website

The NH-D15 Chromax Black is Not compatible with the V200TG

The NH-D15S Chromax black is compatible with the V200TG with the 17-7700K with overclock

3 minutes ago, markwoll said:

According to the Noctua website

The NH-D15 Chromax Black is Not compatible with the V200TG

The NH-D15S Chromax black is compatible with the V200TG with the 17-7700K with overclock

That's true, but unfortunately the S version not available in Egypt stores, so I think I will just give up on air coolers. Can you suggest me a good AIO liquid cooler or pick on of these I listed above?

How about the NH-U12S Chromax Black? it does not have as much overclock headroom. Might be a bit noisier at high load.

Or if overclock is not as important the NH-U12-redux has a black finish but no extra headroom. GN did a review today about it.

Both are compatible size wise.

No suggestions for AIO. I'm an air cool guy.

Just save towards a real upgrade. I would not spend that much cooling a cpu that is worth less than a d15.

53 minutes ago, markwoll said:

How about the NH-U12S Chromax Black? it does not have as much overclock headroom. Might be a bit noisier at high load.

Or if overclock is not as important the NH-U12-redux has a black finish but no extra headroom. GN did a review today about it.

Both are compatible size wise.

No suggestions for AIO. I'm an air cool guy.

Well it's a good air cooler though it won't make much difference from my Corsair H60. I'm really confused now.

17 minutes ago, Jeppes said:

Just save towards a real upgrade. I would not spend that much cooling a cpu that is worth less than a d15.

You have a good point. I think I'll just apply this thermal paste: (Noctua NT-H1 3.5g, Pro-Grade) for now till I'm ready to upgrade though it'll at least cost $1500 for a good rig.

• 1 month later...

might be a little bit late but i'm from egypt too and have a brand new d15s i got from the US and a change in plans prevented me from getting the rest of the parts for my build, if you are interested and still want to buy one message me.