Silent Hill case mod

In Silent Hill we have the Otherworld, this is what I imagine Antec's Dark Cube case would look like in that world. If you're a fan of the franchise, you should recognize the knife 馃槈
Btw this was my entry for Germany's Case Mod Championship (DCMM) in Cologne this year, didn't win but hell it was fun to make and to participate 馃槏

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

Dude awesome job, and the hell if you didn`t win with this then what took the first place? 馃槃

Only suggestion for some future modding builds is to work a bit more on the weathering techniques, at this moment it just not selling the story and its to repetitive. Adam Savage has some awesome tips that you can see.

Edited by Kadzo
added a suggestion for weathering

On 9/8/2021 at 9:49 AM, Kadzo said:

Dude awesome job, and the hell if you didn`t win with this then what took the first place? 馃槃

Only suggestion for some future modding builds is to work a bit more on the weathering techniques, at this moment it just not selling the story and its to repetitive. Adam Savage has some awesome tips that you can see.

Thank you very much! Also thanks for the video, I need it. I actually used this mod as a way to learn weathering techniques using only spray paint and a shop towel 馃檪

Issue that i see with your technique, its too much regular and even. When doing weathering, scuffs are uneven and messy not even on the edges.聽

Its not hard just have to have a right mindset, and our eyes make us go in not so random shapes.

He has a bunch of videos how he is using weathering techniques to emphasise a story behind and object, and how to sell that story too. 馃槃