My 2070 Super is underperforming In Gta//Minecraft Help!!

Hi so when playing games like Gta 5, Minecraft w/ shaders and warzone I avg 50-70 fps, I Understand my system is underperforming and I've done most of the recommended things people say to do.

I disabled v sync in game and in Nvidia control panel. my power mode is ultimate performance. My ram has xmp enabled. I only have discord open when playing games. I reset my pc often. I have over 100gb free storage. background apps are minimal same with start up. I have the newest Windows and Gpu driver along with my motherboard newest bios. I've tried a different motherboard and a different power supply. I have deleted and reinstalled games, even factory reset my pc. my temps are between 40-50c doing nothing and 65-70c when gaming.

This is the 4th pc ive built and my second time working with a 2070 super, Id say this pc barley half the performance as what I previously experienced.

I use nzxt cam to check my Gpu, Cpu and ram usage while gaming and my Gpu max goes 60% and CPU no more that 55% along with ram no more than 60% unless were talking about warzone..

Other than that Ive watched countless videos and read a fair amount of threads finding people with similar problems but no solution has worked for me. Maybe people of the LTT community can help me! Thank you.

Specs: 

Cpu: ryzen 5 2600x

Gpu: Asus 2070 super dual Evo

Mobo: Asrock B450 Steel Legend

Ram: 2x8 16gb 3200mhz cl16 T Force

Storage: 1tb 970 Samsung Evo Nvme 

Psu: 650w Evga bronze 

Wifi: Cudy Ax3000 WIFI/Bluetooth card 

Case: Nzxt 510i

Cooling: 2x140mm intake 2x120mm exhaust(case) // For the Cpu cooler I have R5 3600x Stock Cpu cooler (thicker than the 2600x stock cooler)

Monitor: Dell - SE2719HR 27" IPS LED FHD FreeSync Monitor 1080p 75hz

Please Help!

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to the forums!!!

Are you sure the RAM is in the appropriate RAM slots? They should be in DIMM slots A2 and B2 (typically 2nd and 4th slot away from the CPU socket). I would try uninstalling NZXT CAM and use MSI Afterburner if you were to monitor temps/clock speeds/utilizations in game. Or use HWinfo64 for a stand-alone application, which will be more extensive. 

Also, how are your temperatures like? Have you tried to remove the side panel on the case, as the airflow in this case is not the best and can impact performance of high-end hardware due to thermal throttling. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34"