CPU overheating bs

LeCabron

My CPU is always overheating , I have a i9900kf but everytime i hit it with a  load however small like csgo, it always goes up to 100 degrees celsius. I tried almost all troubleshooting methods, for example I cleaned the pc and all the fans so dust wont be a factor . I also  have alot of fans in the system i have 240 tt liquid cooling for the cpu, 3 120mm tt fans,2 140 mm tt fans, so air flow in the pc is spot on. Also i tried to downclock the cpu with its voltage and all i get is a 1% with max temps at a staggering 99 degrees. I am curently using i9900kf and rtx 3060 with the rtx being about 30to 50 % cooler in most occasions. In idle after 15 mins my temps stay ad 50 degrees and 40 after 20 mins. After gaming temps stay as high as 80 degrees. What should i doo ? i am currently overwhelmed by this need help real bad

Thankss!

Sounds like your pump is not moving the fluid fast enough. Does that TT AIO have fan speed control? Do you know what RPM the pump is running at? I would try speeding it up a bit. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

if hitting it with a load causes the temp to spike immediately then the cooler isnt contacting the cpu. Instead you just have a thermal paste bridge between the cpu and water block.

for thermal paste i just changed it because i knew it might be the problem and its the same

for the fan speed i use the dragon center to control the fan speeds if the cpu goes to 100 the fan speed would automatically sync

sounds like the cooler isn't working right, id replace it, perhaps with a higher end one from a different brand.

System Specs: AMD 5950x PBO-AutoNoctua DH-15 Black | Gigabyte x570 MasterEVGA 3080FTW3 Ultra | (2x16gb) G.Skill Royal 3600mhz CL18 | Corsair 5000D Airflow (Black) Samsung 980 Pro 2TB & Firecuda 520 1TB & Crucial MX500 2tb850W Corsair RMX | 2 Noctua A14 CPU, 6 Noctua A12x25 Intake, 3x Noctua F12 Top Exhaust, 1x Noctua A12x25 Back Exhaust

Monitors: (Main) LG Ultragear 34" 2k Ultrawide 144hz IPS '34GP83A-B' (Side) Acer Predator 27" 2k 144hz TN 'Abmiprz'

Peripherals: Corsair K100 OPX | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | Corsair Virtuoso SE | Audioengine A2+

20 hours ago, Daethz said:

sounds like the cooler isn't working right, id replace it, perhaps with a higher end one from a different brand.

Any recommendations i though thermaltake is a good brand

What rpm is the pump running at? What's the thermal paste spread look like?

What motherboard are you using? Are you using default motherboard settings? Are auto-oc settings like Multicore Enhancement disabled?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2021 at 7:59 AM, WoodenMarker said:

What rpm is the pump running at? What's the thermal paste spread look like?

What motherboard are you using? Are you using default motherboard settings? Are auto-oc settings like Multicore Enhancement disabled?

3500 rpm, thermal paste is normal its spreaded evenlt and has normal thickness not to dense, i am using a z390 plus from msi and all bios settings are normal aside from xmp , i have not enabled any overclocking

On 9/17/2021 at 6:53 AM, LeCabron said:

3500 rpm, thermal paste is normal its spreaded evenlt and has normal thickness not to dense, i am using a z390 plus from msi and all bios settings are normal aside from xmp , i have not enabled any overclocking

By normal, do you mean that auto-oc settings like Multicore Enhancement are disabled? They're often enabled by default. 

What case are you using and where is the rad mounted? Have you tried reseating the cpu cooling block?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.