Cant boot into windows with hd 5450

Letgomyleghoe.

I got this gpu for free and I was going to use it to boot into windows on my, yet, unfinished build. With the gpu I can boot into bios but the moment you try and boot it into windows it just gives me this. 

Things ive tried

- lowering the resolition of my 1440p monitor to 1280 * 1024

- literally booting it off anything that has windows on it.

- ive also tried booting it on a working computer but then I didnt set the resolution lower

Any help is appreciated

1767043062_09042113012.thumb.jpg.7dd20cd567ec137274ebe5022b97f922.jpg

Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

Have you tried booting into Safe mode? This would make sure it's not a bad GPU driver causing this issue. Cause it to fail booting 3 times (I like the 'press the reset button' method, but you can do whatever you want). If it gets through to safe mode, try running DDU and reinstalling the drivers once you get into Windows. 

If that doesn't work, it could be a bad GPU vBIOS. Get into safe mode again and follow the tutorial from TechPowerUp on how to flash a GPU vBIOS on an AMD card. Otherwise, it's possible the GPU could just be dead. It is a very old GPU after all, and it's not like you're losing money on it.

2 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Have you tried booting into Safe mode? This would make sure it's not a bad GPU driver causing this issue. Cause it to fail booting 3 times (I like the 'press the reset button' method, but you can do whatever you want). If it gets through to safe mode, try running DDU and reinstalling the drivers once you get into Windows. 

If that doesn't work, it could be a bad GPU vBIOS. Get into safe mode again and follow the tutorial from TechPowerUp on how to flash a GPU vBIOS on an AMD card. Otherwise, it's possible the GPU could just be dead. It is a very old GPU after all, and it's not like you're losing money on it.

I couldnt get into windows or even safe mode so I gave up and tried manjora. Worked first try

Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

8 hours ago, Letgomyleghoe. said:

I couldnt get into windows or even safe mode so I gave up and tried manjora. Worked first try

OK, so it's probably a dying GPU. It would be a good idea to try to reflash the vBIOS, but I don't know if there's a Linux utility for it, and it might not save the card. At least you have a use for it if you decide to build a PC specifically for trying out Valve's new SteamOS once they release it.