My friend needs help.

Hmood

So i know i should go ask for help on microsoft foruns for this kind of problem but i already did and they are taking ages to responde so i figured to try it here so backstory my friend bought a pc with no SO he also bought a windows 10 key but he didnt know how to activate it, so he took the pc to a technician and asked for him to activate the key that he bought earlier, for some reason the guy installed some pirate windows 10 pro   and now my friend wants to get rid of the pirated windows and activate his legitimate key but the error 0xc004f050 pops out with a message saying that that key doesn't work. help pls.

Sorry for my bad english.

The technician probably bought a cheap key from a gray-market site just like your friend did. Is your friend experiencing any actual problem with the "pirated" Windows?

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

image.png.912ef17030c1684ddfbb35c7263b7964.png

What version of Windows 10 is your friend's "legitimate key" for? Home or Pro?. Sounds like the key may have already been activated before on another system or something. I'd contact the seller of the key and tell them the key doesn't work. Some of those grey market vendors will issue you a new key.

I am running Windows 10 Pro x64 and activated with a key I got from Kinguin (grey market) for $40 USD (wasn't going to pay $119+ USD for a crap OS that I only use for gaming.Besides, 6yrs ago they were giving it away for free lol) and have not had any problems, although I did initially have to use the Windows 10 Activation Troubleshooter to get a confirmation code and activate. I have reinstalled Windows 10 twice since then and it just activates with a digital license in my Microsoft Account.

So assuming the vendor gets you a new working key that is not compromised, you can do the same procedure.

Winkey+S > Get Help, then in the AI Chat that pops up type "Windows 10 Activation Troubleshooter" and then go through the steps. It will prompt you with questions.

23+ yrs IT experience

MAIN SYSTEM

Operating System

Windows 10 Pro x64 21H1

Case

Antec Three Hundred Two Gaming

CPU

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8GHz 12-Core 24-Thread

Motherboard

Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

RAM

G.Skill Trident Z RGB Series 32GB

(2 x 16GB) DDR4 3200 (PC4-25600)

Graphics Card

Asus Nvidia Geforce RTX 2060 Overclocked (Factory) 6GB GDDR6

Dual-Fan EVO Edition

Storage

2 × Samsung 970 EVO Plus Nvme (M.2 2280) SSD 1TB

2 × Samsung 860 QVO SATA III 6.0Gb/s SSD 1TB (RAID1 Array 1)

2 × Hitachi UltraStar HDS721010CLA330 7200RPM SATA III 3.0Gb/s 1TB (RAID1 Array 2)

PSU

Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W 80+ Gold

Optical Drive

LG WH16NS40 Super Multi Blue Internal SATA 16x Blu-ray Disc/DVD/CD Rewriter

Displays

HP w2408 widescreen 16:10 1920x1200 @60Hz

HP w2207 widescreen 16:10 1680x1050 @60Hz

Keyboard/Mouse

Logitech MK200 Wired Keyboard/Mouse Combo Kit