7th generation intel cpu that wont support optane genie on an msi motherboard..

nelska

I have an intel i7 6700 cpu and a b250pc mate motherboard. The bios by default enables optane genie (m.2 nvme). When I go to install the drivers it says I have an incompatible cpu. Any ideas?

dfghdfgh456456.png

Just now, Benji said:

The 6700 is not "7th Gen", it's the 6th Gen. The CPU doesn't support it.

Also, what do you want with Optane? Do you just want to use a regular M.2 NVMe SSD? Optane has nothing to do with that if that is the case.

welp, tytyty. hahaha. Cuz, I had it enabled in the bios for nothing. because I had thought i7 meant 7th gen. lol. and yes, isn't optane genie just a raid configurtwar or whatever.

13 minutes ago, Benji said:

That is just the lineup. i3 is the smallest, i5 is mid-end and i7 is high-end. Nowadays there's i9 that is just slightly above i7. But the first number of the model denotes the generation, not the i*.

The Intel Optane setting only serves you when you have an HDD and insert an Intel Optane stick to accelerate the HDD. That's a BIOS and driver feature, which is why you need to enable it in that use case. Should you just want to use an M.2 NVMe SSD, no need for enabling that.

thanks, i duno why its enabled in the bios by default. since my motherboard supports 6th generation processors. I have turned it off. now manually. haha.